Professional sports are stupid?

Discussion in 'General' started by Soccerguy420, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Am I the only person that thinks professional sports, but especially how people treat them, is really idiotic? My news feed is overflowing with "FUCK YOU [insert: player name, player number, sports team, coach, etc]" and all these ridiculous, angry statuses over a game that happens every... single... year...

I think humans are inclined to hate something, because they just need to express anger towards something, and spite, for whatever reason, and I just think its really lame.

Anyone else with me or am i pullin a holden caufield right now

2. You mad cause you never found out where the ducks go when the lake freezes.

3. I just think it's retarded how they're getting paid millions of dollars to run across a fucking field.

4. it's cool cause it brings people together but rioting and shit over it? :rolleyes:

5. I used to watch sports but now I just don't give a fuck for it, I rather play the sport in person then watch somebody playing it.

6. I just wish professional sports would stop or go on a hiatus man.
    Just think of how much money we could use as a country for more use full things?
    Take all the pro baseball, basketball, football, boxing, hockey, tennis, race car, golf salaries away.
    IMAGINE that kinda money.

And that's not even counting all the endorsement deals and freebies the athletes get for winning, or sponsor ship.

I'm not damning them to hell.
    But I am saying we as a human race at some point, have to realize that we can be in debt of trillions of dollars in more useless areas like robotics, or cancer research, cannabis research, brain research, hell ANY medical field.

Also what really eats me up is where is all the money for those serving their country?
    What about those marines who have NO LEGS yet still have to provide for their families?
    I personally think military salaries should be increased.

But in other more IMPORTANT news...giants win the superbowl *eyes roll*

But that's my rant man
    Keep smoking and pondering.
    :smoke:

7. its kind of a groupthink kind of deal. pride in ones hometown and a desire to be part of a group, especially a dominant, one is hard wired into us. this gets exploited by big corporations and huge amounts of money become involved so they blow it out of proportion and many people go along with it.

8. I love sports. I get quite a lot of enjoyment out of watching them and I can get together with some friends and just watch it like a movie (but unlike a movie, I have no idea what will happen). I do think they should get paid less though.

And just cause some people get angry at it doesn't mean everyone is a sore loser. Those are just the retards talking, and it seems like the angry retards are the only ones who like to talk shit

9. OP was always picked last for teams back in the day.

I don't care about sports... but I wouldn't call them stupid..... It's fun because of the friends and drugs.... not really the actual game........ Unless you like playing sports..... then cool for you......... I'll watch and have sex and do drugs.......(not really watching.....)

10. yeah i love playing sports, i just think professional sports and how seriously people take it is an incredible waste of time.

not to mention its another thing on the list of millions of things people disagree on. i wish people could just get along for the betterment of man, man :smoking:

11. I'm with you although I wish I wasn't. I'm a metaphorical nationalist if you will for a team know for there purple jerseys and horns. If they are not playing up to my standards I'm just not interested.

From one side it's a thing that people get involved in for a conversational topic.

From a philosophical perspective it's silly to play the passive role that is watching sports and not experiencing/creating your own reality.

12. I like sports but I'm starting to lose interest in NFL, NBA, College Basketball.. But shit I do like seeing Blake Griffin dunk like a motherfucker!

I do stay up to date with College football but that'll probably be it from now on. The super bowl was interesting late in the game but it didn't feel like a super bowl. Just felt like another game.

13. Personally, I like sports, but people take it WAY TOO FUCKING FAR. And the amount of money they get sickens me

14. when tom brady has a house like this for being able to throw a football like a rocket, dodge a few defenders, and read coverages, something just aint right.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. [quote name='"LostOnThaMoon"']when tom brady has a house like this for being able to throw a football like a rocket, dodge a few defenders, and read coverages, something just aint right.

[/quote]

Exactly.

What I was saying.
    Eventually humans as a race are going yo have to come to some point and realize that being in debt and paying athletes THAT much money...is not only not necessary but harmful so many ways and levels.

Just imagine the kinda money we would have with zero professional athletes being paid the kinda money they are.

16. If you ask me only brain dead idiots find sports fun to watch, especially nascar...

17. But that's only one component of it. They do tons of training (they have to be in absolutely world-class shape or they're out of a job), tons of practice, and then their future in football hinges on one hour a week with millions watching. Maybe they get more money then they should be, I would say that there is an issue when most players make more in a year then some scientists make in a career, but you can't say that they don't work hard for their money.

18. well them getting paid tons of money has nothing to do with us not having money, its a bigger issue than that. I blame the banks and the high up politician type. But I think it's bad in a sense that instead of working to become a scientists or something that's really going to benefit the country as a whole now most kids are trying to be athletes or rappers because theres so much money in it. Fact is most will never get to where they want to be. It's good to dream though so. If you notice, a majority of the smart ass people working in the U.S are chinese because their standards are much higher than ours now. It's weird.

19. Why do any of you care how much they make? Its not like them being rich takes money away from you.

20. Holy shit. I can do the same shit... why isn't my house like that?