Product Review: Bee Line

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Drew!, Dec 21, 2009.

1. For those of you who do not know what Bee Line is, it's an organic hemp wick coated in a thin layer of beeswax. Basically, it's purpose is to light a pipe/waterpipe/cigars without butane: you light the slow-burning wick, place the flame in your pipe, and inhale nothing but herb and beeswax smoke. If you're using it for pot (like me), you get nothing but the pure flavour of the bud you're smoking.

So I bought a spool (5 of them, actually, at $1.45 CAD a pop where I come from) to try out. I wrapped it around my bic butane lighter for ease of use, and I set out - packing a nice bowl of Afghan Kush into my glass. On first lighting the wick, I immediately noticed how good it smells when it's burning, and how slow burning this stuff really is. One spool (I got a small spool, probably 2 feet of wick) is going to last me a long time and I bought five!

So picture this: you have a small thread of hemp that has a small flame at the tip of it. This means that when you're lighting a bowl, you have infinitely more control over where the flame goes in your bowl. For comparison - when you're lighting a bowl with a bic lighter, for example, the whole flame usually engulfs the whole bowl depending on the size of your piece. With Bee Line, it's very precise, and cornering is a breeze.

As a final test of the product, I tried a few hits using my lighter. Let's just say that after using Bee Line, you'll never want to take a butane hit ever again. I mean, I personally have been lighting pipes with butane for years, so I never really realized how nasty butane tastes, and how much it changes the flavour of your herb. But after the bee line hits, a butane lighter hit was acrid, and had a distinct chemical tang that I never realized was there before. It's gross.

In short, if you're a pipe/water pipe/cigar/blunt/cigarette user, I can't even recommend this product highly enough. The amount of flavour preservation and just general better-for-you-ness of Bee Line is night and day over butane lighters. Go get some right now and smoke a bowl for me!

~Drew!