prodigy's first ever outdoor grow /w pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by prodigyru, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Sup all.

I wanted to post some pictures of my first ever outdoor grow and get some opinions and suggestions from you guys. 2 strains Afgan x Mazar (mostly indica) and Durban Poison (100% Sativa). The plants are about 4 months old (I know i planted them a bit too early, thinking the earlier i plant the bigger they will get by the time they flower) and about 3-4 foot high.

I started them indoors on the window sill in Solo cups, then after about 4 weeks I moved them outdoors, in 5 gallon pots. Once they showed sex I killed males and moved females into the ground.

Digged 1,5 x 1,5 foot holes, mixed 50/50 potting soil with native and added a handful of bone meal and blood meal in each hole.

I fimmed them twise, first time at about 8 weeks old and second time at 12 weeks. Fed them bone meal and blood meal, once every week and half a dose of organic plant food. I water them every other day. They get about 5-6 hours of afternoon sun.

First picutre is of Durban poison, you can see it has elongated leaves and is less bushy then Afghan x Mazar.

I would much appreciate any comments :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. dude those plants look great...nice a bushy with many flowering sites and you have an indica and a sativa:hello: the only question is why are they bunched up so close to each other?

3. Thanks for your comments! You are right my friend I planted them too close, had no idea they were going to get so bushy. Big mistake, but I don't think i should re-plant them at this point ?

4. i always plant mine real close like that and then tie em back away from one another like an lst. you plants look good tho, should be a great harvest. good luck mayne.

5. Jonny that is a good way to get them more exposed to sun. an excellent advice my friend! Rep +

6. they loook very healthy for a guerilla grow.

most people experience multiple problems when growing in the woods or hills ec....
    they look nice and deep green.
    looks like a hybrid. best of both worlds

7. I read that mj plants like acidic soil.. How do i make soil more acidic ? Also when they say the PH level should be 5 and EC level 1,2.. what exactly do they mean and how to measure it ? :rolleyes:

8. Those plants are looking great. If all goes right, you should have some monsters

9. Thanks, laxblaster! When I planted them I thought the bigger they get the better, but at this point I am more concerned about the quality. :rolleyes: