Procidic; an organic systemic fungicide

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Deleted member 892550, Aug 29, 2016.

1. #1 Deleted member 892550, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2016
    Anyone ever use it? Ive got PM and Botrytis, and i cant afford to buy anything else, but I got hooked up with a bottle of Procidic. I have no idea what rates to use it at for cannabis, and cant find anything online about how to dilute it per gallon. Any and all help very much appreciated!

Kandalls outdoor grow

lovin u

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kandall,

How did your Procidic venture go? I got a bottle myself; pretty spendy stuff, but a really popular grow shop in town is highly recommending it, especially for mildew. Let me know.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  3. Isn't neem oil a fungicide?

4. Neem is a fungicide but I think most people use Greencure or the like typically for PM. The mildew gets down into the leaf tissue so contact sprays like neem or Greencure, kill the surface mildew but it grows back so you have to keep spraying. A systemic fungicide would kill it inside the leaf tissue and keep new growth protected. I haven't looked into this product but I am pretty curious.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It says it's citric acid and water. It says it provides contact, residual and systemic action. Sounds far fetched to me. I checked quickly if citric acid has systemic action and I found info using it in vitamins but when you google plant tissue it just talks a little bit about citric acid being able to penetrate plant tissue but because it's a way to chelate fertilizers organically. That also doesn't mean it will move through the the plant and as new growth forms. Nuke Em is citric acid and I've used it long ago for PM and it kept coming back. So based on a similar product and just common sense quick googling, it seems very very unlikely it works as advertised.

This probably sounds stupid but I can't begin to express how awesome worm castings are for PM. I used some outdoors on veggies and was very surprised the next day. The PM came back a few weeks later but another dose of EWC fixed that and they still don't have them. It was really cool to witness.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Same. Theres only one hydro shop around here that i feel is as reasonably honest as they can be. They told me procidic went out of business and came back. They said they have another brands version of the same product that was $500 per gallon. They actually told me to save my money and buy procidic on amazon! They said they didnt know what the secret ingredient was, but since its supposed to be "organic", systemic, and can be safely used DAY OF HARVEST, i figured that it would be my best bet with $40.

My blueberry strain that is highly prone to mold (got pm and budrot this summer in portlands 90 degree weather) currently has no signs of mold or mildew, but i wont say that it works untill i harvest some medicine (=

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1418173/

lovin u

7. Oh, man! So you're dealing with Portland's crap too!? :bang: I've used it twice now, and they look to be doing pretty good as well. I was also told to just buy the original, and that the new Procidic 2 'for cannabis' is basically just the same mixture but more expensive. Didn't sound too unlikely!

Hopefully this humidity starts to chill out. Let me know your end results! Good luck, man!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Haha yup yup. Ive been giving em heavy doses so im hoping it works out. If i get to harvest my blueberry plants with no mold, i will be 100% sold on procidic

lovin u

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hold up man am i the only one who looked at that pdf? THATS organic??

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

10. I only looked briefly but it *appears* to be - here is the ingredient list from the SDS put out by Home Depot -

Ingredients

% by Weight

Active Ingredient:

00.081%
    Citric acid
    77-92-9 Non Synthetic

Other Ingredients:

99.919%
    Water
    7732-18-5 Non Synthetic
    Vitamin C
    E-300
    50-81-7 Synthetic
    Ethyl lactate
    687-47-8 Non Synthetic
    Glycerin
    56-81-5 Synthetic

Sodium chloride
    7647-14-5 Non Synthetic
    Total % by weight:
    100.000%
    Active Ingredients (Citric Acid) and Inert Ingredients (all other ingredients) are shown on List 4A.
    Ingredients comply with EPA Section 25(b) and are USA FDA GRAS; no residue.
    Ingredients comply with 7 CFR 205.601(m)(1)(4A) and 40 CFR 180.950.
    Please refer to NOP National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances at http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/nop

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you jerry, much appreciated!

lovin u

12. Well results are in for around half my harvest. I should harvest more throughout the month.

So as you know its been shitty wet and warm rain for some weeks now. Aaand every single one of my plants are and have been getting soaked, buds and pots, everything soaked. Now i cant say none of my plants have bud rot, but i was also not following the instructions in the least lol. But im more than happy with what it has done.

Just a quick preface, the blueberry strain i got is incredibly mold prone, bitch got pm and botrytis (bud rot) during summer. So i think it was a challenging trial plant for any fungicide.

I found a small amount of budrot in one blueberry about a week ago. I cut most of it out but i wasnt sure, so i ended up leaving a few small moldy spots. After i cut out what i could cut out, i gave everyone a shot of procidic. Then today i felt i had to harvest all the blueberrys, as i found i small amount of bud rot in each blueberry plant.

But i noticed that the spots that i missed about a week ago, didnt spread at all, even after this shitty weather! Still green and yellowish directly underneath the gross crispy webby shit that i left before. I believe i lost between 5-10% of my total harvest, and i think i would have lost at least 30% (if not 50%, which is all the blueberrys) if i wasnt using any fungicide.

The catch is i didnt use it as directed. I applied a generous tablespoon per gallon of tapwater, and i believe its supposed to be used at somewhere around a quarter of a TSP per gallon. I also applied it irregularly, on an average of every 4 or 5 days.

I still got some chocolate chunks that arnt even close to ready yet, no signs of any mold of any sort on them, tho they are arent as prone to mold. Theyre actually dieing quite happily me thinks. Starting to fade, id guess they are about week 6 into flower (= ill report back on them when i chop em (hopefully by the end of october)

lovin u

13. So you say it works? I'm about to use it.