Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Problems with my joint

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SeraphySmokes99, Nov 19, 2010.

1. First of all, I did search my question and it helped but it still didn't quite answer my questions thoroughly.

What happened:

I rolled up a joint using a dollar bill as a joint wrap into a cone shape and tamped it down pretty compact (i thought that was good) and I sort of messed up when I added the filter to it (may have folded down some of the paper on the inside) but it seemed like it was a good joint. (I have rolled good/working joints before) So when I went to smoke it, it took a lot to get a decent hit out of it (and I never really did) and it kept not lighting. I even broke off the filter cuz I thought it was just blocking smoke entirely and it still was hard to hit.

My thoughts:
    After searching around, I am pretty sure I rolled my joint too tight (fortunately I only smoked a little bit so i'll mix it in with some other ground up weed and just reuse) but to me it didn't seem like I made it any tighter than usual. Also, the papers I'm using are a bit old, but the gum sticks when licked and they burn well, so i don't think that's the issue.

Summary and question:

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to give as much info as I could to get the best answer. So I'm pretty sure I rolled it too tightly, but is that the only thing I did wrong?

Please and thanks for the answers.

2. how much weed did you put in it?

3. Sorry man I'm not really good with eyeballing how much and I don't have a scale. I would guess anywhere from .25-.5 though. Want me to take a pic to verify?

4. Pics don't hurt, i wouldn't try and roll a cone until you can roll a good normal j .

5. I used to have the same problem. Just chop up the weed really well that usually helps, or grind it up.

6. I did grind it up. =\

And here are the pictures. Sorry it took so long, my digital camera is acting up. So I had to take them with my phone and the quality isn't too good.

First is how much I was left with before I stopped (about 4-6 hits in), second pic is the joint unsmoked.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Maybe because you used a dollar bill.

8. what kind of paper is that?

9. Ugh but every time I make a handrolled joint it's sooo loose. I guess I just have to practice more...

10. Zig Zag 1 1/4 inch.

11. Haha toilet paper *****, that shit is ratchet, I roll my shit up with Jokers, they are SMOOTH, nice and cone shaped. Take the joker put a peice of paper in it thats rolled up then move that shiton the paper like .4-.8 then push it up in a line and roll it tight and lick. DONE:):smoke:

12. youtube "how to roll a joint with a card"

then practice regular rolling before resorting to the card trick.

13. Alright well I gotta get to my class. But if anyone has any other suggestions for papers, rolling, etc. (thanks to everyone who already has) please let me know.