Problems germinating

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by buda, Aug 9, 2007.

1. I found some seeds in a film canister and decided to start growing. not sure what strain they are. these seeds are most likely 3-5 years old.

They are at the end of the 6th day in the paper towel and nothing has happened to the 10 seeds except for two, these two haven't cracked down the side of the seed the have just popped, they just have a hole in them and are pretty much empty/hollow.

Are these seeds dead or is there hope?

thanks.

2. i'm defiantly not one of the experts around here but I'll say those seeds are long gone.

I've had seeds that "died" after a few monthes, they we're not properly stored though.
    6th day in paper towel is too much. You can keep trying anyway since you've got nothing to loose, but I wouldn't put too much hope in it

3. Ok. ill go get some fresh seeds from my mate tomorrow, I want to have these babies in the ground by Tuesday. Ill leave these seeds alone for another few days hopefully they will sprout. then i can have a couple of different strains.

4. and then make a cross between the 2 strains, and keep the strong that come out

and then smoke that mutant herb :smoking:

5. and then make a cross between the 2 strains, and keep the strong that come out

and then smoke that mutant herb :smoking:

6. i recently had the same problem. i got a bunch of seeds from a friend, but they were all old... so after putting about 20 into germination 4 successfully popped...

one thing that i did to help these 4 was that i LIGHTLY cracked them with a pair of needlenose pliers... at this point, you have nothing to lose, so i would suggest trying that and you may get a couple more to germ. Squeeze them LIGHTLY until you hear a crack... then put it back into the germ container... i had a bit of success with this, so id say give it a shot... your seeds arent working as is anyway