Problems 7 weeks into flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by stinkhouse, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Hi all,
    Had great success with first grow until recently. Now into 7th week of flowering Durban Poison indoors. Been feeding with low dosage of BioBizz biobloom with Ph adjusted to average 6.0 - 6.5 but have noticed that all is not well. Have recently introduced a dehumidifier into grow room bringing rh average from 70% to 45% over a week. This has been growing from seedling to today under LED and CFL lights.

[​IMG]

Realising that there is a problem I raised the lights and and have watered without nutes. Have looked hard but cannot find any pictures that exactly match the problem. I need help fellas - I really don't want it to go wrong now.

2. Im wondering are they just dying in week 7 naturally? What part of the plant did they come from? Have you pics of the entire plant

3. [​IMG]

When was the last time you fed cal/mag? And the last time you fed flower nutes , potassium and phosphorus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Post a full plant photo but I suspect it's normal end of life fade. Many stains as they get deeper into flower consume and shed the majority of their fans. I've got two that will finish this grow as buds on sticks with not a fan left at all.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. First off guys, thanks for the replies. My wife and I have been getting rather anxious about our baby.

@Cruzanbred , We have never fed the plant cal/mag as we did not know about the need to. Is this epsom salts? The last time we added flower nutes (BioBizz) was 7 days ago. We stooped adding nutes as we were concerned that we were overdoing it and causing the tips to curl and go brown and black. We have watered twice since we stopped with plain Ph adjusted.

@KeepingIrelandGreen , Those sad looking leaves were taking from the middle section of the plant on the outside. it's too dense to get near the middle.

We had not considered that this might be normal end of life, nor how the plant would appear at this stage. Our research revealed that this Landrace sativa required a flowering period of 9 -12 weeks? From these pics how near to harvesting would you say we are?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. She looks good!
    Not sure how experienced you are at growing (I'm a relative newbie) but you have to imagine that breeders are professional growers using the best equipment. So their flowering times are an average. But basically you should check her trichs & see what colour they are & wait for most of her hairs to turn red. But checking her trichs is the surest way.

7. I'm a total newbie with zero hands-on and wife and I having a lot of fun growing but the discolouration of some of the leaves set off alarms. We have done a lot of research but understand it's no substitute for actual experience.
    I have a small microscope and have been truly amazed at what I can see at 60X mag. The trichomes are crystal clear at this stage. From much reading it seems they have to turn translucent then when about 50% amber it's time to harvest. I could be wrong but that is why I signed up.

Do you live in Ireland?

8. The plant looks good considering!
    Epsom Salts: a natural hack to grow healthy cannabis plants - RQS Blog
    I usually add cal/mag in on the 2nd or 3rd week of flower - if I miss that feeding I tend to see some brown spots and crispy leaves, to resolve I would feed cal/mag at that point with a top feed and usually the problems clear by 10 days. The damaged leaves do not recover so I usually opt to clip those and keep an eye out for the issue to reoccur

9. Also if I had to put a stamp on it, I would say 2-3 weeks to go if ur looking for 50% amber
    I like to push for higher % so I would go for maybe 4 weeks
    Good luck!

10. Hi again, I read the interesting link you provided and will take your advice. Could you please clarify what you mean by 'top feed'