problem with skinny stems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Denargle, Jan 22, 2011.

1. so my friends light broke right after he planted all of his seeds. so he had to grow them under incandescent light for a week or so before he picked up a new one. This made the plants have really skinny stems and now several weeks after the new light has been acquired the stems are still small towards the base and get a lot thicker several inches up. hes concerned about how extra weight might break the stems later down the road. will this problem fix its self or is there something he can do to help with it?

2. There not really gonna fix themselves once there stretched there stretched. Just put a plastic stake on there and tie it off. Just keep the light as close as possible from now on. You could also blow a fan on it the more the plant sways the stronger the stem will get to stabilize itself. Good luck

3. Put more dirt in it untill it reaches the first set of round leaves aound 2 weeks the stems will thinkin up thats what i did, i had great results! i recommend it. as soon as possible

4. I agree, bury the buggers, they will be fine.

5. place a fan in the room to blow on the plants, not only does this help with circulation but it slightly stressed the stems to get stronger and thicker. Just make sure the fan isnt too strong haha

6. Fans, lots of fans!

7. 1. Bury the stems
    2. Fans, fans, fans
    3. ProTekt, silica supplement from Dyna-Gro. 1/4tsp/gallon with nutes.

Wet

8. Is this the stuff you are talking about? Organic Gardening Supplies

9. That's it. A Qt will last forever.

Wet