Problem with my bong.

Discussion in 'General' started by full melt, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Hey everyone.

I bought this bong 2 years ago, and up until about 6 months ago I have been quite happy with it. I payed like 270 dollars for it so i figured it was of good quality. When i first bought it, it worked great and i hit like 2 bowls a day. I would only really need to clean it every 3 months or so.

Well about 6-7 months ago it started clogging ALL the time. I can completely clean it up sparkling clean and after 2 bowls it will be completely clogged. I have no idea what the hell is going on because it just randomly started doing this. It gets clogged in a thin part of the perk that is in it. I use a diffuser and an ac. The only resin build up is in the one area of the perc. Like I said it never has done this before.

I cleaned it a bit before i took the picture but i ran out of iso. So you can still see where it clogs.

Any idea what could be causing the problem?

Attached Files:

2. I don't see why it would clog. Maybe you're packing your bowls too tight? I doubt that is it, but I don't know what else would clog it because it looks clean. You could try cleaning it with iso and salt and shaking the shit out of it to get that little resin out of it.

3. Yeah i normally do but i was out toda, I just used hot water and soap to get the clog out, that is why it is still dirty.

4. Thats pretty wierd.
    I dont really know what it could be?

5. Yeah ive never heard of a bong "clogging" like that. My hookah sometimes does that and we just have to pull real hard to get it going..
    Maybe try contacting the manufacturer and tell them your *tobacco* is clogging something up ?
    Wish I could help more..