problem with digital ballast

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NNorthernlight, Dec 7, 2011.

1. hi there...here is the problem. the digital ballast is connected through a timer to the socket. no matter what, it turns on at random (sometimes it does , sometimes it doesn't). i changed 3 timers, I run the thing through different sockets and even an extention... given the same setting sometimes it JUST doesn't turns on.... I even rescrewed the hps in place and it' really all the way in and steady. when it doesn't turn on with the timer it's sufficient that I unplug it and replug it in the same timer and it starts working..... wtf is going on? anyone experienced this problem before? :wave:

2. ok... today i lost another 6 hours of light because of that problem... it's been 1 week that the light schedule has been fucked up.... PLEASE HELP I need you more than ever GC

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

3. You push the plug from the light into the ballast as hard as you can? could have a loose connection...or maybe it has a short you should probably send it back

4. thanks for the try but no.....i checked all the connections, loose wires, etc. ten thousand times.... I'm prone to think the problem is in the ballast somehow...... I would be happier if it just didn't work... and the problem is that I'm in the middle of flowering.... if I send it back it means no light at all for a week.... I could use some other light but it's not going to be good.... mmm, I start thinking I'm kind of screwed.....