Probation Question

Discussion in 'General' started by OneLastStand, May 28, 2012.

1. #1 OneLastStand, May 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
    So i'm on probation for a marijuana violation that I got a plea bargain for and have to go to a private private probation officer to get tested once a month. A few days ago I had my monthly appointment and failed my drug test. After, my PO had me sign some paper and told me not to do it again and scheduled another appointment for me. I am a little confused about the situation.

The question I want to ask is if anyone knows: Is my PO required to tell me that I have to show up to court for failing a drug test? Because he didn't tell me anything about having to go to court so I think I might have gotten off with just a warning, but I am unsure about how the whole process works and if the paper I signed will have to be reviewed by a judge or something where he decides what to do. I know I could just ask the PO myself, but I hate the thought of having to go to jail again, this time for a MUCH longer time, and am afraid of the answer I might get since if the answer is something I don't want to hear I might just have a mental breakdown right then and there. What do you guys think? Am I fucked?

2. No one can pinpoint the answer...probably varies from state to state - hell even, town to town. Your best bet would be to get in contact with the PO and ask him about the consequences for failing a scheduled drug test.

It sounds like you just got off with a warning and he's gonna give you a chance to pass the first one again. Whatever it is, you should probably just stop stop smoking, unless you have a way of using someone else's piss

3. Well, he did say "Don't do it again", it sounds like you'll have a chance to pass or fail again. Idk.

4. Lol I'm on probation too man I feelz you.

Stop smoking, I'm sure you know that though. It sounds like he's cutting you a break. I know people who have gotten away with failing their first test because there is some leniency towards the person on their first test. Second test don't expect to be so lucky if you fail.