pro pot commercial

Discussion in 'General' started by sky, Feb 9, 2007.

1. i just had a major epiphany thanks to designatedtoker who said "that story should be the first pro-marijuana commercial, could have it dramatized and everything, awesome story man." in the my little bro smoking thread over in real life stories. why not? two seconds of googling and i found thid site http://www.cheap-tv-spots.com/airtime.html. what if everyone at GC pitched a dollar, thats $47,427 if everyone did which not everyone will do and some members aren't active. but say we could get $25,000 that would be enough. a couple of us get together irl blaze it up and spend a week shooting a low budget commercial...why not? it would be the next step in getting our message across.

i know this is just and idea and will get madly criticized and shut down. you'll say "they'll never air that", but think about it, satellite has tons of channels im sure one of em would can be convinced to play it. just think about it...

2. dont think any station would dig that, but it would be very revolutionary actually. a big FUCK YOU to our gov.

perfect!

3. Its definately a cool idea BUT

joining a Marijuana March thats close by seems more do-able and effective

4. more do-able and effective currently. but think if we did raise that money and we did shoot that commercial and got in on the air. think of how many people own a tv. think of how many poeple would see this. a march is a great idea but it cant last forever and it isnt world wide. through tv we could reach out to so many more people all over the world at any time.

5. I'd pitch in $5 but the thing is, what happens if you only get half as much as you need? You get that much money and I can guarentee you, you wont send everyone their money back. So if we would do this we would have to go through GC officialy somehow..... But great idea though :hello:

6. i was thinking about that as well and i came up with giving it to charity. but think about the impact that that could have as well. GC a stoner website donating 10 grand for cancer research or something along those lines, it would be huge...thats just a thought though and im sure if we really got our shit together we could make this work and wouldn't have to worry about not reaching our goal.

7. as my 300th post, i would like to say that i completely agree with this idea and have been for a while.

im thinking about maybe a website dedicated to this would be good. and make it a simple .com site so even the stonedest of stoners can get to it and enjoy it.

but it would cater to people who want to know more info about substances and the myths about the myths. and the facts about the facts.

and as we all know the internet is an open media venue, and we can put anything we want on it. even the truth.

imagine. a wave of students writing reports based on the information provided in this websire. the video blogs of the admin users showing how decent their lives are and talk about what their lives were like before they started.

MJTruth.com
    hempfacts.com
    propot.org
    stgh.org Save trees, grow hemp
    healthysmoke.com

8. Thats pretty gnarly that was my thread but anyways if you guys get something together I can edit I am currently a film student so it would probly have better production value then most later night commercials lol.

9. okay guys this is slowly coming together. i know who owns ezwebspace.net and can get us a site for cheaper than the advertised prices. if you guys are serious and wanna help me get this going i can get a site going, reading week is coming up soon so i can put something together:hello::hello::hello:

10. Norml has actually sent out E-mails to there users asking for a commercial to air on television..so I don't know if anythings going to happen but great idea man :D

11. whoever gets this rollin for real and not just talk and ideas ill paypal them a donation. im down.

12. An even more grand idea would be to advertise in theaters. Call it Reel Marijuana, if you will.

Either way, I'm all up for the cause.

13. great idea, i could definatley throw down 15-20$

14. alright sweet, i like the amount of people willing to contribute:hello:. i will definately set something up over reading week...feb 19-23. but we still have to deal with the fact that we may not reach our goal and something will have to be done with the money. i came up with giving it to a charity, any other suggestions?

15. I think a charity would be fine, as long as everyone knew beforehand that that's where their money might go. I like the cancer research idea mentioned for personal reasons...but that's not the important part.

16. hey that is the best fucking idea. you have geat heart and are a true american. I'd throw down some dough for a pro-dank commercial but i've been broke since i could remember.

17. Dude..i'm game.....i'd throw down to get down with it.....

dude...follow through..and do this...for everybody...post up on some other forums as well

18. Commercials make the world go round. If you could get 1 pro-marijuana commercial to the right market, it would go a long way...

Then again, the commercial could go on at 2 am on TLC... and no one would ever see it...

19. true...but this is why i wanted to set a relatively high goal like $25,000 so that we wouldn't get stuck with a spot like that and if we do, well i guess its a start, let's hope that someone with so influence will be watching TLC at 2am and think "hmmm that a good point, it should be on prime time":D

20. Damn I posted this idea a couple months back and everyone was just like it won't happen. it can't happen, ect. Now everyones all game for it. Oh well. I'd pitch in $100 bill. But it'd HAVE to be through G.C. or somewebsite or foundation (maybe HIghtimes or NORML). Oh yeah and if you even get the commericial on late at night and someone tells a newstation, they will cover the story of the first PRO-POT commercial aired on American Television. Then it'd get hella airtime, wich would be free do to the governments own form of propaganda. The New's Media.