Pro mix ultimate organic mix seedlings?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by oscar1984, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Just killed by ladies with the ocean forest from fox farm just to potent for the fragile seedlings of white widow. I picked up some pro mix ultimate organic soil is this also going to fry the ladies? Does it contain slow release ferts? Should I mix this up with some perlite to ease the fragile seedlings? Plan on switching back to fox farm after about three weeks!

Thank You

2. come on someone who knows respond please

3. Dunno, reaserch on google?

4. Does the new soil have an N-P-K rating? If it does, it is pre-ferted and you may run into the same problem. Look on the bag and report back.

Good luck.

5. Never heard of fox farm hurting the young, did you give them nutes? Test the ph of the water?

6. Ocean Forest is known for burning some strains when they are seedlings or early in veg. But I hear its great for an established plant.

As for that Pro-mix, I never heard of that one. The Pro-Mix BX I use has no added nutrients to it.

Happy Frog I hear, is the Fox Farm soil you want to start seedlings with, then go to the ocean forest later. Thats what the dude at the Hydro store told me. I ended up just getting Pro-Mix though.

7. In the last couple of days I have heard a lot of people talking about Ocean Forest burning seedlings. I have never personally used it, but it seems like it is a growing trend.

8. Yea, i noticed a few threads, but figured it was another factor. I am surprised.

9. i was going to get some of the ffof but i think i'll stick to my soil that im using that has been working good.

10. If it ain't broke...

11. #11 oscar1984, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008
    No the pro mix doesnt have a npk rating on the bag however it contains worm castings like the ocean forest. Pro mix also contains the peat moss which I read to stay away from. It was very difficult just finding a down to earth soil that wasnt all hopped up. So as of now no one has worked with this stuff?

Edit- No I didnt give them any nutes at all when they were in the ff however I did mix the 3 parts ffof with the part ff light warrior. I was told to do this from the grow shop? I didnt ph anything but used distilled water pretreated rockwool with a teaspoon of lemon juice in a 20 ouce bowl of water for three cubes soaked two hours.

12. best soil(less) mix: (i grow in this over anything else in soil, even though its considered soiless)

Sunshine #4
    Worm Castings
    Lime
    Peralite

13. 30% pro mis or sun
    30% earthworm casting
    40% perlite
    add 2 tbs lime per gallon
    1 tbs blood meal per gallon
    :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

i leave it sit for a week but im not sure if its neccessary