pro-drug ad

Discussion in 'General' started by astro_righteous, Feb 1, 2007.

1. ok so i looked it up and there arent any real drug activist commercials.

why is this. dont we have freedom of the press? we can make a good commercial saying our opinions about it and show actual proof of how much good it does for our bodies. would have to have a series of them to cover all the perspectives.

wouldnt have any swearing or gestures or actual use. but it would be implied. then at the end you could have a CONTINUES AT... and then a website.

2. there are lots on youtube. nothing that is ever actually released on tv, of course, because nobody can afford to allow a commercial advertising an illegal substance to be aired on their station.

at least in america.

3. because commercials cost LOTS of money. And unlike anti-drug campaigners, we don't have corporate and government sponsorship

4. QFTW me thinks this is right?

5. I feel like they could afford it but the government would just crack down on their finances and any related persons making such commericials a basic suicide of person. Though then the question is how do rappers get away with talking about selling coke and not get touched. What do I know I'm drunk.

6. last i checked we had 46,851 users on gc. if everyone would donate $100 that would raise $4,685,100. i think that would be enough to get produce a commerical and get a few runs on major networks.

7. You'd have to pry that $100 from my cold dead hands.

8. LMAO that had me laughing out loud and i almost choked on my cereal.

9. nice if it happened but oh well

10. no chance in hell. The christian right, who believes they can legislate morality (don't get me started) would throw a fit. There are millions of churchgoers in america who will do just about anything they're told to from the pulpit. boycotts would be sweeping, and ratings would suffer. Other advertisers would pull their adds, costing the station millions of dollars. it'd be disastrous for ABC or anyone else for that matter to run such an ad. The only chance i see ever, is if there's a bill up in a local market, i could see a 15 second "vote yes on prop 29" or whatever. but that would just about cover it. and you KNOW it would be surrounded by above the influence commercials.

11. i don't know who would donate 100 dollars man... maybe a dollar, 2 at best... i could buy a quad with that 100 dollars

12. maybe make a documentary of the lives of like 3 or 4 people invovled in the use of marijuana. different ages, races, sexes, different class in society. cuz i know they have a show about people that need to go to rehab. maybe get a musical artist in there and say a few things about how it makes them perform or how it brings more inspiration. and then make it look completely professional. and put it on MTV cuz i know they arent afraid to shock people. and have them play it a lot when ever they wanted.

im sure if it was pitched just right they would do it. and you could tell them how to do it. make it look perfect and when it comes on tv people would see how good this shit really is.

13. Don't take my word for this, but I'm pretty sure that the decision to air a commercial is either the networks, or the service providers choice. Networks probably (understandably) don't have any interest in airing pro-drug commercials.

14. they will air things that will make them money. that's why they routinely run poltical commericails (during campagin seasons) filled with blatant lies.

15. ever heard of the FCC?

16. Can you actually blame the Christians??????

Marijuana is one thing, but look at the stigma that comes with it. When you mention

to a Christian about MJ they naturally thing about someone in a dark alley puffin on a J

and becoming totally cracked out. Not because Mj does it but they attach other drugs

into the same category. Can you blame parents for worrying what the future might

be like? Look at GC for example, one would think that Grasscity would be just about

grass. But then you got peeps startin threads like "Cooking Crack" and "What

type of drugs to take".

Only foolish Christians will do anything a preacher says. A wise Christian will look

to the Bible as a rulebook.

17. Yet again, you deserve yet another Roflc0pt3r.

I gaurentee us all spending $100 on pot and smoking it up in one night, would do more for our cause than getting some stupid commercial on the air. It'd keep us all high long enough to think of a better way to help our cause :p

The bible was written by men... and then edited and moderated even further, by men.

And with respect for their respective time periods... the men who wrote and then "released" the bible, were probably much like the people who are keeping weed illegal, today.

18. i think we need a new country with full legalization of any and all cannibinoids.

thats all we need. i say take one of the uninhabited philipine islands and just make it a place to chill all day. and we grow our own shit. then make our own rules. we could take that 4 million and buy an island off some shit country and they would gladly take it.

ah the american dream.

19. I'd prefer not to have to go through the effort of making our own country.

God forbid I smoke my bong at my desk, a desk that I shouldn't have to move to any fucking island, browsing a forum deticated to smoking, in this, the land of the free.

20. but you sure arent free to walk the beautiful sands of your local beach when ever you please. you arent free to smoke a J on the corner and walk around aimlessly.

i understand you want to just sit there and accept defeat of our past time but thats taking the stoners way out. i think it would be more personally gratifying if we had our own place to run things peacefully.