Primus

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by chrisluvsaudrey, May 16, 2005.

1. anybody like primus.. they rock..

2. ya. agreed. you're from australia, do you listen to any xavier rudd?

3. primus is the shiznatt. me and my friend play bass and we like to play primus-ish stuff. they're awesome!

4. my name is mud!..lol yeah..anyway....

5. Primus is amazing

Les Claypool=Jesus of bass guitar

6. heh, funny this should come up.. yesterday i was listening to "tales from the punchbowl", then today i was listening to "sailing the seas of cheese" and a mixed cd.. later tonight i'm gonna listen to pork soda.. i finally figured out how to play "is it luck?" all on my own!! i can't believe how simple it was!!

7. damn thats a crazy hard song

my friend plays bass to lacquerhead and i play the drums it sounds so sick.

8. yeah primus is awesome. i look exactly like larry lalonde when he had his hair longer, its really weird.

9. The Brown Album is one of the best albums to listen to. High or sober.

10. shit yeah, the brown album is so different.. i once listened to it 5 times in a row semi-realizing it.. it just sounds like one whole song or sumthing.. when you think about it it's really a breakthrough album because Primus is such a different band.. who sounds like Primus (ok maybe Exsimio .. did i get the name right? maybe it was Cigoto, well one's the name of the band and the other is the name of the song i heard.. it's a Chilean band).. and on top of being an unorthodox band, they release an album that doesn't sound like any of their other albums at all, sounds luggier, heavier, just "BUOOWW"

yesterday i bought (finally) "animals should not try to act like people".. it's pretty cool, it comes with a DVD of all their music videos plus rare concert footage (even "my name is mud" from woodstock '94) and a discography, pictures, commentary and home videos like tour backstage footage.. the CD itself is OK, nothing more, nothing less.. at least the original lineup is back together..

shit, i'm only missing "suck on this" and "frizzle fry" (rereleases) and i got 'em all (minus rhinoplasty)

PRIMUS SUCKS!

11. I just bought a live DVD...man, those guys can play...they play the whole Frizzle Fry plus a few selected.

12. primus sucks!

13. shit, i almost went to that concert (not the Chicago one, the Toronto one..) but same tour..

in Toronto instead of playing the entire Frizzle Fry album i heard they played Sailing The Seas Of Cheese.. what a treat.. that on top of another hour of live shit..

was the concert trippy? it's called the Hallucinogenics tour or something, the cover of the DVD has mushrooms, right? how's the quality and playing? do you see closeups of their fingers to see how they play the songs?

14. It's the Hallucino-Genetics tour alright, but the cover is a pic of the stage. Recorded live at the Aragon Ballrom, Chicago, Il. June 26th 2004.

And yes, there are a lot of closeups on all musicians. The sound quality is splendid. One of the best live vodeos I've seen.

15. i saw them just a few days before that dvd was filmed.

16. i saw Primus on their first show for the Hallucino-Genetics tour in Irvine. it was the craziest shit. i was riiiiipppped outta my mind.they had the three white balls and there was this intermission they did before the second half of frizzle fry, it was like some 60's propaganda movie about LSD and the chick was eaten the hot dog and it was screaming. it was some pretty fucking wierd ass shit. it was a good show though. i even downloaded that concert from their live download site.

17. Primus Sucks!

18. no no no no no no.
    its PRIMUS SUCKS!!

goddammit