pretty sweet homemade perc bong

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by guitarandpot, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Sup guys,
    I just bought a lil bong from the shop here at grasscity. Paid 15 bucks. When I got it I was slightly dissapointed. I wanted it to have a slide bowl but it doesn't, just a carb.
    Dissapointed as I was, I figured with a little bit of homebrew engineering I could make this thing a monster.
    I spent abt an hour at work today taking a piece of sheet acrylic and rolling it into a tube. It turned out to be the perfect size to use some rubber quick caps that would normally be used for plumbing lol. Took some 3/8's tubing and made two diffusers, bent them in a u shape, drilled two slightly less than 3/8's holes in one of the plumbing caps and stuck 'em in, attached it to the bottom of the acrylic tube, and voila I had a perc.. Ill post a pic of this thing in abt 25 mins, on my way home now lol. Writin this post frm my blackberry. Best homebrew project I've ever done lol

2. [​IMG]

and here she is, pardon the red, there was personally identifying stuff in the bg, u can still c it tho

whadya think tho?

3. Very cool, good work egineering a double perc acrylic bong. I havent seen one before ever by the way. Maybe its just me or my headshops just don't have them...? Oh well enjoy it man. +Rep

4. #4 guitarandpot, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
    haven't had a chance to toke it yet.. just finished it today lol.. i have water tested it, nothing like seein two smoke chambers bubble at the same time lol. its definately gonna be a monster. cant wait loll

edit: quick question, i know its outta place but can any of u guys tell me when my plants are gonna flower? they've been in veg for abt a week nd a half so far..

5. sweet homemade like you said, and no one wants acryclic in a head shop, we want glass, clean clear, beautiful glass!

6. yeah, glass is sweet

im planning on buying some beakers and tubes, gonna make my own glass bong

its amazing what u can do with a blowtorch lol

wont be for a few mo's prolly, but when its done, i'll be sure to post!

7. deff going to want to see it after that deal you made up there!

8. heh thanks, hey if u guys wanna expedite the creation of my glass bong, see if u can find some good (CHEAP) places to get labware.. i found a place but i wanna find cheaper.. gotta find glass that wont break if i torch it too.. i may possibly just buy a small cheap glass bong and build onto it with more glass.. thats the hardest part to build i think.. wish i knew how to blow glass lol.. maybe ill learn some day xD