Pretty damn funny (to me)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MobiusStrip, Feb 19, 2008.

1. I was at reagan airport(in DC, going to O'hare), with two of my friends. So we see this soft pretzel place, and get in line. We each order a pretzel, and then see a promo-buy 2 get 1 free. Yay! works perfecty, right. Following conversation-(I was not high, so this is actually what happened.)

Me-Actually, I'll pay for 2 pretzels, and get one free for him(pointing to friend)
    Cashier-No.(In russian accent)
    Me-Uh, what?
    Cashier-No can do.
    Me- OK, let me make this simple, I'm buying two pretzels, alright.
    Cashier-No.
    Me-Why not?
    Cashier- I cannot do that.

So we each bought one seperately, apparently it's illigal in DC to buy two pretzels at once. Btw, sorry if this isn't funny, I was cracking up at the time.

2. the russian accent makes it funny in my head lol

3. same ha I thought it was funny. also wtf is up with the deal. if you buy two you get one free. its like if you can manage to get them to let you break the law you win a prize. also, what a fucked up law.

4. Dude, I'm pretty damn sure there's no law, I just don't know what the fuck was goin' on. :confused::D

5. thats messed up u should have pointed to the promo and be like whats up it says i can

6. i was in seven eleven the other day buying a green tea and a swisher,

the cashier tells me its two dollars. .

I said, "the green tea is 99c and the swishers 75, thats should be one dollar and 74 cents maybe 83 with tax.

"yes, 99 cents and 74 cents its two dollars."

me, "dude, serious? you really think that?"

"yes, what do you mean?"

me, "uh, fuck it bro ignorance is bliss. . . have a good one"

tossed him the two dollars because i can tell this is a losing battle over like seventeen cents, dude doesnt understand english enough to get that he is doing wrong math. I figure he is probably undercharging people too so it should all work out or he'll go under. free lesson in capitalism homey

It really irks me when people from other countries wrongly believe in things here in the US, there used to be a cashier that wouldnt take my passport as an ID for cigs. . I nearly blew my lid i was so steamed one night trying to convince this dude that I can fly all over the world and even get into India where he came from with this shit and I cant buy some 'ports?

oh hey, weed! :smoking:

7. Yeah, I don't know, I sometimes feel bad for the foreign cahiers when someone is taking advantage of them, but I know what you mean.