President Trump, Making america great again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jman42028, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I believe the author put lipstick on a pig when he wrote the book, that's what authors do. I can't defend Trump on that, he is a conceited blow hard. The author said he traded his integrity for money and you think he's an honest person and you believe him because he now slams Trump when it's convenient for his own reputation..

• Like Like x 3
  2. Are you saying that a person cannot later in life do some introspection and realize they made a mistake and can no longer compromise their integrity for money? I don't see how you can take one frame out of Tony's life (he is around 65 ish i believe and was in his 30's or so when he wrote the book) and label him dishonest forever...
    Maybe you have never realized that your intentions were not the best and curbed those intentions? I thought you stated somewhere recently that "I am not a judge"...

From my perspective you do plenty of judging as many as any of the rest of us... lol
    It gives our egos that little boost that we are better than those we judge...

3. I remember saying I'd make a good judge, is that what you're talking about? When did this guy do his introspection and redeem his integrity? Was it lately when it became in vogue to hate on Trump or was it 15 or 20 years ago when his redemption could have been authentic?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ed, has anyone ever accused you of arguing for the sake of arguing simply because you enjoy being opposite of those that don't share your beliefs or agenda? Out of that very long article you extract one word "integrity" and accuse the author of not having it even after he admits he was wrong 35 yrs ago or so whenever the book was written... basically DT contracted him to ghost write it... so all he did was write the book through the eyes and ego of DT...

If you have never once in your life had a job with a boss that was egotisical and wanted everything done his way not listening to criticism as we all know is the case for DJT then you have led a sheltered life... i recall having to bite my tongue a few times and do some things for the company i last worked with for 2 decades that i would not have done had i been a free agent...

Tony was under contract to write the book at DT's request after he had written an article about him in a magazine... Basically he was doing what the boss wanted, saying what the boss wanted him to say... yet you single him out as if you never ever in your life had to say or do something that wasn't quite up to snuff? Could be you have forgotten a time or 2 along the way... if not they you are a rare exception imo.

5. From November 2016
    ----------------------------------
    Announcing his candidacy for the Republican nomination back in June 2015, Donald Trump stated "We need a leader that wrote 'The Art of the Deal' ". Tony Schwartz was the ghostwriter of the book Trump calls 'his proudest achievement'. Schwartz has been vocal about his regrets in working on the piece, but, having worked intimately with Trump, provides a fascinating perspective into the personality and idiosyncrasies of the Republican nominee.

Tony giving a talk at the Oxford Union Society (56 minutes) not sure when the date but published in Nov. 2016.

6. Tony sold his integrity for money and now is making money slamming Trump. What a convenient redemption. He said in the video that it was after Trump became the Republican nominee he decided to speak out. I guess that was when he could cash in on his apology, he wouldn't have gotten a nickel slamming Trump 5 years ago. I've never sold my integrity for money but I did trade it for an opiate addiction. Try to get your rep back after that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trump was laughed at today at the UN. :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. We'll see who laughs last

9. The whole world was laughing at him today. He's some clown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. #2771 SmokinP, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    The German delegation got a great laugh out of Trump's claim that they were "energy dependent on Russia".

• Like Like x 1
  11. "I didn't expect that reaction" as laughter breaks out... later he tried to convince someone it was meant to be a joke... yeah right, we know that...lmao
    upload_2018-9-26_7-26-42.png

12. The self bloviating aside I thought his un speach was very decent. Made all of Obama's look like someone had him by the pussy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. They laugh but they are envious of his success, he makes them look small. I bet you didn't even notice the applause was genuine. Germany laughing? They can't even defend themselves and look to Trump to defend them.

14. I sure hope you meant that to be satirical... lol
    It pains me to see a grown man strain to read like that... reads about 4th or 5th grade level and slow at that... no comparison to BO all or any other president even Geo W. although W had his reading challenges too. i think he actually read his speeches prior to the event... lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Some see them as successes, others of us see them as an out of control giant orange wrecking ball involved in demolition... boasted in 2016 he would wipe out the national debt in 8 yrs then adds 2 trillion to it... just one example.. and wait and see how this trade war turns out...

It would not surprise me one git if China or Russia once they have had enough will launch a cyber attack that wipes our our "grid"... in a matter of days no food on the shelves not to mention the Wall st. collapse... China has had about enough of the orange baby boy imo... lol

16. Envious of his success? Take your head out of the Trump sand Ed, there's grit in your eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Snakes are very stealthy and quiet as they prey... the so called "conservatives" adding YUGELY to the national debt but what do they care they will all be gone by the time it kicks in...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Under the Fog of Kavanaugh, House Passes $3.8 Trillion More in Tax Cuts

http://fortune.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.