President Trump, Making america great again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jman42028, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Possibly Trump's stupidest tweet ever
    -snips-

By Jennifer Rubin
    August 16 at 9:15 AM

President Trump has issued shameful tweets, offensive tweets and self-serving tweets. Rarely, however, has he sent out a tweet that better conveys his abject ignorance about the country and economics than the tweet he posted Wednesday:

upload_2018-8-16_13-25-33.png
    Link to tweet

No, no, no.

Our country was founded on a principle Trump often seems unacquainted with: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.”

Unless Trump wants to retreat to a 1776-sized economy or relive the Great Depression (care of Smoot-Hawley) it’s best we not follow the outdated mercantilist philosophy that was supplanted fortunately by Adam Smith who deplored tariffs (“extraordinary restraints upon the importation of almost all sorts of goods from those countries with which the balance of trade is supposed to be disadvantageous”). Unlike Trump, Smith knew that a balance of trade “deficit” is not disadvantage, let alone a debt to be repaid or money stolen from us:

Nothing … can be more absurd than this whole doctrine of the balance of trade, upon which, not only these restraints, but almost all the other regulations of commerce are founded.

When two places trade with one another, this doctrine supposes that, if the balance be even, neither of them either loses or gains; but if it leans in any degree to one side, that one of them loses and the other gains in proportion to its declension from the exact equilibrium. Both suppositions are false. A trade which is forced by means of bounties and monopolies may be and commonly is disadvantageous to the country in whose favor it is meant to be established, as I shall endeavor to show hereafter. But that trade which, without force or constraint, is naturally and regularly carried on between any two places is always advantageous, though not always equally so, to both.

Source Washingtonpost.com

2. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. HA Dolt45's ppl scarcely turned out in DC last weekend... did they choke? talk about being outnumbered... embarrassing for any self respecting unite the righter to advertise weeks in advance and nobody shows up...lol

4. Thats funny, It sounds like the turn out was about the same for a Hillary rally. And I know for a fact that was embarrassing .

Our President Trump might have to start doing big arenas by the way his numbers are going up. Did you hear about the african american support for our president is nearing 40%. Fuck!! MAGA!

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. No doubt it has improved, however...

Trump approval rating with blacks now at 36%, Rasmussen poll says
    Trump frequently cites Rasmussen polls because they consistently show him with a higher approval rating than other polling organizations. For example, the Real Clear Politics averagecurrently has Trump at 43 percent approval. But today's tracking poll from Rasmussen has the president at 49 percent. And while Trump has never topped 46 percent on the RCP average, Rasmussen has shown Trump with approval ratings as high as 59 percent.

Fact check: The real scoop on Trump's poll numbers

More: Here are 10 times President Trump's comments have been called racist

But other polls have also shown an increase in support for Trump among African-Americans – albeit a more modest increase than Rasmussen found.

An NAACP poll released on Aug. 7 found that Trump's approval rating was at 21 percent. And a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center in June found Trump's approval rating among blacks at 14 percent.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 3
  6. However, You left out the KKK and the Nazi polls? Maybe the poll people could do a bigot poll just to get everything on the table so the racist don't get all the glory.lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. I always find it funny when you guys use Sam Elliott in your stupid memes. I don't think he really likes your guy. Here's a quote from him:

"Everybody’s at odds with each other. And nothing against Trump. I think Trump won because he didn’t have someone running against him that was electable. But he spoke to that vast whole out there that had been neglected forever. I’m not saying anything new; we all know the truth of it. But god, just the fact that this guy could get elected president is mind-boggling. It just shows you the state of the union. I don’t understand why we can’t look at the bigger picture and work for the greater good. Why does one side have to be wrong? Why does the other side have nothing to say of value? Center of the road, to me, is where we all need to get back to. You’d hear a lot of people criticize me for that, saying you have to make a commitment, you can’t dance down the middle of the road. Well, s—, if they’re not going to reach across the aisle and at last talk to each other, and work on the art of the compromise, then it’s pretty bleak."

Sam Elliott ain't a fan of Trump, but thinks we need to come together

• Like Like x 1
  8. In the world of memes there are certain characters that get abused more than others by both sides on all issues or points to be made it seems.... the Dos Equis guy "I don't always... but when i do".... a few others as well.

9. They are likely in the Rasmussen polls.

:smoke:

10. He was warned early on by those who know trade wars are losing battles... it's a lose lose situation, at best a zero sum game but the latter isn't likely... another rash move, not thought out to rouse is rebels and stoke the emotion... all show, all theater...
    /////

U.S. firms warn next China tariffs to cost Americans from cradle to grave

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A broad cross-section of U.S. businesses has a message for the Trump administration: new tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese imports will force Americans to pay more for items they use throughout their daily lives, from cradles to coffins.
    U.S. firms warn next China tariffs to cost Americans from cradle to...

11. ANOTHER PACKED HOUSE! MAGA!

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Trump's campaign ditty -

• Like Like x 1
  14. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. :rolleyes::rolleyes: