President of the USA

Discussion in 'General' started by doobiescoo31, Feb 27, 2004.

1. My opinion is go to war if youd like. Saddam needed to be taken out, no doubt. Just dont fucking lie about why youre going in there. If youre going in there to get Saddam out and get oil, say it. Iraq was terrible, not like we needed much more of a reason to get Saddam was tthere?

2. Oh shucks I guess if America were to die all you brits would be dead too. Dont forget who bailed your ass outta the two biggest wars this world has seen. With the intelligence available at the time Bush had every right to go into Iraq. If not for any reason other than to take out Saddam. That is big enough. War was the only way, all other means had been tried.

3. My vote goes to whoever isn't in the top 2-3 spots...I don't want John Whatshisname, and I don't want the other John guy either.. ah edwards, and kerry. bastards. trust me on that. Nader looks like a stragne guy, and that looks interesting... I think he could fix alot of things to the way they should be, and also break some things that arent broken, as well as seriously f**k some things up pretty bad. LMAO, all presidents have done that i guess.....so, whoever. just not the aforementioned.

4. I do not vote for liberals not because i hate a group of people, but i do not like their ideals and what they are trying to accomplish. To be supported by the democrates, you have to have a certian stand on certian issues. That is why i dont like them. Also, I am a college student and my parents are from the upper tax bracket and i went to private school blah blah. They worked and earned everything they have and i cant stand to see some crackheads and everyone taking free handouts and do nothing to better themselves. I understand if you do not see my point of view, but you do not come from where i come from. I am not a racist, but i come from a city over 50% black, very very very poor public school system, high violent crime rate, and yes, high welfare and other social services rate. I used to go to a Jr college in town and they used to BRAG about having another baby so they coukld collect more money a month from the government. You tell me why it is my responsibility to support them when they do not even want to support themselves. Id rather give my money to the humaine society. If it is bad that im "turning my back on my fellow man and am a prick" then so be it.

Also, I cannot stand the dem. pussy stand on defense. Clinton did nothing till the monica lewenski (sp) skandle then he decides to shoot a few rockets to take the hear off of him. Bush cant help it 9/11 happened when he was pres, and thank god it did happen when he was pres. otherwise we would just ask them to stop and i think we would be in a worse situation then we are in now.

5. WHAT? You got to be kidding. The only people I owe anything to is my Mother and Father because they gave me life. And I am fortunate because my Father worked his ass off and so did his Father. Thats how you make money. You work. So what if some are born into not so fortunate families? That automatically means that they should be entitled to the money I worked for? pfff Yeah, right.

Like you said, "You get what you deserve." And you don't deserve shit if you don't work for it. Hand outs are unacceptable and enable people not to work. Theres hundreds of thousands of jobs out there. They are just not "desirable." But hey, too bad. You want money, you do what you have to do to get it.

Ahhh, the joys of being a business owner. Haven't paid taxes in 3 years. I love being an American, driving my V8 truck that gets 10 mpg, stockpiling weapons and ammunition, growing bud, working hard, and living easy. :D

6. Wow. You hit the nail right on the head.

Bush will be reelected. Us Republicans pretty much have 1 person to vote for. Thats Bush. The democrats have quite a few to choose from. Therefore, Republican votes will pretty much all be going to Bush, whereas democrat's votes will be spread out over a number of candidates. Thank God for Nadar. He is the spoiler of all spoilers. He did a great job last time. Hopefully he'll do it again.

7. Well said, Aggie. There's always two sides to every reason, and you pointed out a lot of things that make the issue more opaque than transparent, as it seems so transparent to so many folks...we've all had bad and good times with presidents, its just the bad times when people seem to hate them the most.

8. The last two got it right. Some liberal please explain to me this... how is a regressive tax system to help out the economy? Still none of you seem to be opposed to teh trickle down economic theory, and If you arent then that seems to be the most logical explanation. Regressive tax system imposes punishments on successful people. And you know this actually happened to me the other day... I was home from school last weekend and saw a hobo standing on a corner holding a sign that said "Out of work, need food, God Bless." Now what you say was wrong with this picture? Well he was standing on a street corner that happened to be occupied by a Jack in The Box with a big red "NOW HIRING" sign. THAT pisses me off. You know what screw that guy. I am going to college for 10 years so I can live comfortably not so that I can pay more just cause I worked harder to get it. In todays society barring people that are disabled or cannot work for some reason, there is no reason ANYONE cannot become Donald Trump wealthy.

And yes Saddam has been linked in connection to Osama and therefore whether he knew about it or not was also responsible for the Twin Towers.

And just like the last guy I believe heavily in second amedment rights and is one of the most important issues to me. I will never endorse the party that supported the Brady bill and that good for nothing sleezball Bill FUCKING Clinton. I too enjoy driving a truck that gets 10 miles to the gallon (actually 10.5 city, 13 highway) why the hell do you people have a problem with me trying to enjoy my life without some decrepid lazy ass asking me for money at every corner in Austin.

This just came to mind, the two major college towns in Texas are College Station (Texas A&M) and Austin University of Texas). Austin is the liberal Mecca of Texas. No where else down here will you find the amount of liberals as there, it makes more some good stuff and some bad stuff. Austin and Bryan/ College Station are both reasonably large cities, there is one main difference, BCS has NO Hobos. This is cause the political culture is conservative here so people know society wont tolerate laziness. In Austin, there is at least one hobo at every major street corner.

Now how many of you people actually give to hobos on a regular basis? Probably not many. You probably think I am the same way because of my previous statements. Wrong. I dont give them money, I do give them cokes. I have a cooler in the back on my truck whenever I am in Austin, especially in the summer. Whenever I see a hobo I offer them a coke. Most take it with a hearty smile, I have had two people just ask me for money saying they didnt want cokes. I told them to get a job and rolled up my windows.

I am not selfish, I believe in helping fellow human beings in their times of trouble but I wont pay for someones way through life.

All you people who said you will leave when Bush wins. Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out. :)

9. I guess in Europe the greedy lying cunts are the ones running the countries not the businesses. Actually if I can think of any country who I would say throughtout history has been "greedy lying cunts" the British Empire wins hand down. Now America has to hold Britan by a damn leash to keep em from doing stupid shit like that again because now they cant back themselves up as easily.

10. You are completely contradicting yourself and being a hippocrit. You sir are the selfish person. Society doesnt dictate shit, you make who you are.

11. PS- Bob Beard,

Why are you participating in this discussion? Do you plan to obtain American citizenship before november so you can come and vote? The title topic President of the USA. Not "Whiney Europeans who dislike America Rant in Here." I dont mean to alienate other Europeans, but It seems Bob Beard is soley in here to argue. Please Bob Beard inform us on which Presidential cantidate you are going to vote for and why? Or as the democratic way, why wouldnt you vote and why? Enlighten us.

12. Greedy? No. I only expect fair compensation for the effort I put in. The harder you work, the more money you should get. For example, I think construction workers should be paid a hell of a lot more then they do. But I'm not in the construction business, so I can't do anything about that.

Selfish? Well, if keeping the money that I EARNED is selfish, then hell yeah I am! And damn proud of it too.:D

From you, that statement doesn't mean much. lol Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't YOU the one that is saying you hope terrorists kill Americans and Brits? I can see you hoping that Americans get killed, but your own fellow Brits?? If thats not sick, then I don't know what is.

Oh, and remember, opinions are like assholes, everybodys got one!;)

Yeah, me too. At least us Americans can have something for ourselves. LOL ;) Just give it time.

And its people like you that made our ancestors leave Europe and colonize America. Which turned out to be the richest and most powerful country in the world. Plus this feat was accomplished in under 300 years! LOL That right there proves that capitalism works.

You can wish in one hand and shit in the other. See which one gets filled first.

What do you mean by "fall off?" If you are talking about finances, sorry to disappoint you but I am set for life. I have no financial worries.

If you are talking about death, then you need to take a good look in the mirror. Then you'll see who the sick one is.

13. Hoy...this got out of hand.

Ok, let me lay it out how I see it.
    I don't care what other countries do unless they start launching missles at my head. Otherwise, they are on their own to do what they please. It's not just one country affecting the economy, it's all of them. Every single thing that happens in places where trade is vital hurts this economy. It's never one persons fault, the blame lies on many, as it always has. The other thing is, honestly, I can't see what's so bad about europe, and I expect the same from them to me when I travel there. I see every different thing as a different point of view, and every government and its policies has one of these points of view. Also, we have no control over what our president does in office; little to none. The only thing we can do is vote on issues and pray that they pass, and others fail. Likewise, we are subjected to the hate of many countries because of many reasons.

I suppose what I'm getting at is, respect should be equal among those who have little differences; and for those who hate and try to damage eachother: it just doesn't work out for anyone in those situations. Do not live in the past; for that is behind us. Instead, look to the present; that is where our true future lies. The reason we have history is to learn from mistakes, but unfortunately it seems they keep on being made.
    :(

14. hmmm seems to me that last paragraph looks like it was almost copied and pasted from communist party doctrine. We try to avoid that here in the states.

15. I wouldn't call my life luck. Luck I made it intact, sure, but I was never rich. No system of government is equal on all terms, all of them except for the failed, "utopian societies", were ever all middle class. It simply is too complicated. If people can't have all the money, then who does? The governments? Placing even more power in governments could cause a complete regression and totalitarian rule in some countries. There is no assured way to know if all of the checks and balances are working correctly to the general populus, other than what they see, they are still blind to the inner workings of the government.

You see, I don't like taking sides; it really pisses me off, so I don't do it. I try to be as objective as I can be, and less subjective to issues. Some issues are just too touchy for anyone to be objective to, and this is one of those iffy things.
    The old saying, one mans trash is another mans treasure...sadly holds true in many poverty stricken places, even many places in the US.

I will also add to that that I've given a bum 10 bucks before...
    The dude needed better clothes, but if I could buy him some good food or beer to make him happy, I hope I did. I've given bums whole packs of cigarettes and lighters because they had none, I help as many people who are hurting as I can, because I expect them to do the same for me if I am ever in that situation. The world lacks compassion. Even one person can help to bring a semblance of it back...even one.
    To one little man sitting by a trash-barrel fire, 10 dollars means a good meal to him...to that poor old man or homeless couple that is always by the convenience store or the back of apartment buildings, and has no money for cigarettes, a pack will give them some of the joy they lost in the world...and it makes me sad that I couldn't do more...yet happy I could help...their souls really reach out to you like nobody elses'...those without comfort enjoy it to no end when you offer them some of yours, and does it matter it costs you a little? No. Does it matter to them? It means the world to them..believe me.

If I was as rich as Gates, even 1/600th as rich, you can be assured I would walk and help as many people as I could...I enjoy helping people...as much as is possible for one mere mortal on this crowded world.

16. There is truly something everyone can do. The mere fact is the compassion must truly come before the frustration at the rest of society to help. You can shout at a brick wall all you want, but it wont do anything. The simplest thing to do, and most effective, is to set an example. If more people got out and truly showed compassion to others, then the world would not be so hateful...the people who are so hateful and shady now, are that way simply because that is all they know, or the path is simpler for them. The right path is not always the easy path, and if and when the majority people realize this, times will definitely change. I can tell you firsthand dealing with people these days is getting worse...they are more impatient, they are more bitter, they are accusational, and rather spiteful. It seems like everyones nerves are on-edge, waiting for something to happen. In the past decade, we've had many conflicts in the world...and none of them has been completely closed off or settled...why is North Korea developing thermonuclear weapons? That doesn't sound like something they'd make to be friends with another country... I also notice that my nerves are on edge as of late with all of these things happening, and it is a constant reminder of how bad everything has gotten...

At times the news is also too much of a reminder, and I simply shut it off.

17. Hmmmm, last I checked, people initially left England and came to America because of religious persecution. Not because of limited resources. And if your resources were depleted back then, how do you have any now?

Starting on a level platform? Ok. My Great Grandfather came to America as a young man with no money. He was very poor. When he got here, he worked hard, saved his money and bought lots of real estate. By the time he died, he had a nice fortune. On my Father's side, his Grandfather's Grandfather came over from Ireland with no money either. He never made much, but a couple generation went by and my Grandfather was born. He worked and started a small business that eventually boomed. I am now a 3rd generation employee of that company, and in a few years when my Father retires, it will be mine. And I will pass it on to my children.

Thats about as level a platform as you can get.

Capitalism may be an ideal. But it does work. Look at Russia. Communism failed. Look at America. Capitalism works.

"But you wont admit this becuase you have money and you arnt even prepaired to thikn about giving it up...

why not>????"

Why should I give up the money I earned? How about you go ahead and give up your house and your possessions?

And yeah, I like the comfort. Once again, thats what I want, and thats what I WORK FOR!! If I didn't work, I wouldn't deserve anything. And that goes for every other lazy shitbag that sits on his/her couch and watches TV all day while collecting welfare to buy their crack with. If I didn't want the comfort, I wouldn't work. But I have needs and I fulfill them. I don't ask others to take care of me.