Preservation curing

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by tobacco jack, Oct 20, 2017.

1. when I started curing tobacco my goal was the final smell and nuances that make tobacco what it is. It seems the trend in cannabis is the mind blowing thc levels are all that matters. To me it’s like drinking ever clear as opposed to a smooth aged tequila. I’m trying to learn methods of curing to preserve all the terpines and compounds that give my girls their wonderful skunky personality. Any tips appreciated

Attached Files:

2. The current methods of curing cannabis are expressly designed to retain those flavor and aroma compounds, while providing an environment that supposedly breaks down chlorophyll and other components that would otherwise make the smoke harsh. The whole point of curing is to make a delicious, aromatic, and smooth smoke that will stand the test of time without molding.

I'm guessing you haven't really looked around at different seed vendors, there are many low (or average) THC varieties as well as those that are high THC. Sure, folks do breed for high THC values...just like tobacco with breeds that feature higher nicotine (I've shopped and bought tobacco seeds).

If you don't want high THC, buy low THC varieties that advertise a flavor profile that interests you. Here's a curing guide.
    Original Guide to Drying & Curing Marijuana Buds | Grow Weed Easy

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Thanks for the information. I’m not concerned about high or low thc levels it’s more about preserving as much of the personality of the plant. Just like my liquor cabinet has a bottle for every occasion. Thanks again