Preparing for spring outdoor startup need advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by basicm, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hey guys just try into get an idea of what strain I want to grow for this summer. I had decent success last year growing outdoors growing a hash plant hybrid strain.... Only problem I had was mold. I am hoping to grow something with a earlier finishing time plus mold resistant. I live in the Vancouver area so rain is a constant threat. Any ideas or suggestions?

2. ask around locally and find out what has been acclimated to your region. find known clones from known producers.

3. Seedbay, hemp depot, look for early crosses like guerilla gold , Freezeland, mighty might, canadian and danish strains they finish beg or mid Sept. In regular seeds though.
    Also Female seeds C99 and easy sativa as feminized finsih early
    For a good semi auto feminized use lowlife AK47 it is one of my faves.

4. have some beautiful Himalayan Blue Diesel's goin and im loving em! Via short stuff seeds

5. Thanks for the tips, anyone have any experience growing these strains in bc west coast?

Texada time warp
    LSD
    Hollands hope

These are my top picks so far

6. #6 CL4P-TP, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
    Texada Timewarp, I live on Or. Coast. ( 50+ inches per year H2O) so I dont have freeze issues. but Mold and PM, that I got in spades.. and TimeWarp holds back the mold, plus finishes early.

I suggest it for all outdoor growers actually, it is that much of a breeze to grow.

7. What's the smoke report like on that timewarp WF??

8. [quote name='"Wharfrat74"']Texada Timewarp, I live on Or. Coast. ( 50+ inches per year H2O) so I dont have freeze issues. but Mold and PM, that I got in spades.. and TimeWarp holds back the mold, plus finishes early.

I suggest it for all outdoor growers actually, it is that much of a breeze to grow.[/quote]

Great, confirms my research on time warp I have heard nothing but good things about growing and smoking it :)

9. great!!! med patients love it ( as do I) .. not too stony, but kills the pain. It's no Amnesia Haze, or SSH, but it gets the job done.:smoke:

@ Basicm,

Just a word of warning @ 42.25 N, June 1 is too early to put out mature plants as they flower:eek:. Not sure if you'll break the 14-16 hour light needed, so ask around when your locals set em outside.

good luck

10. The purps from bcbudepot did real well, but actually buds too fast for me. I am using the purps for breeding better oregon strains. Have allready bred nice strain with it and doing future breeding. Texada timewarp is another good one for sure, like wharfrat said. Also having luck with fruity chronic juice from delicious seeds, done late sept. S.A.D.1 from sweet seeds. Nice almost pure afghany thats done by end sept also. Dutch passion, Passion #1 same finish. Peace SG1