Preparing for my first grow -- total beginner

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ataglance, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Stumbled across this forum not long ago and registered, but i haven't posted much. Since then i've decided i want to try to grow. I've been doing a lot of reading and i have a lot of questions...:confused::smoking:

1. For a total beginner on a limited budget... soil or hydro?"
    2. I know I want to do fourescent lighting. Have a look at the bulb on that link below. How many plants per one of those?
    http://www.1000bulbs.com/150-Watt-Compact-Fluorscent/
    3. I want these plants short.. no taller than two and a half feet. preferably no taller than two feet. Bushy and thick is what i need. Growing methods to achieve that but still get a good yield? I've read about LST and scrogging... one better than the other?
    4. How about low-profile grow rooms on the cheap? any general advice?

Thanks guys, i'm really excited to get started :hello:

:wave:

2. Hey dude i'd start out on Lowryder 2's like me if i was u, that way if u stuff them up (and god knows i did), u'll still have time to replant and get a harvest (assuming u doin it outdoors). They only take 2 months to grow where as others take at least 5. My advise is get some micro-nutrient products like cannazyn and ryzotonic, will stop the many stuff ups ya can do when ya learning. And they only grow 1-2 foot tall maxiumum, so they're easy to hide etc or fit into a small growing space. Other then that, yer im still learning mine are just starting to flower and don't know how they'l turn out, but them suggestions got me to at least that stage. Also its best to over-water the seeds when planted then under-water, i killed a whole $70 packet of seeds from letting them get to dry, promise u wont do that!!!!!!!!!!!!.

RB:wave:.