Preparing a short bushy plant for flower.

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by fishburgr, Mar 22, 2021.

1. #1 fishburgr, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2022

2. NOOOO!!!!!! DO NOT....DO NOT...take your leaves off. There isnt too much you really need to do, IMO. You might wanna Low Stress Train(LST) your branches....."tying them down" essentially, opening up the canopy......other than that, not much else to do

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. #3 fishburgr, Mar 22, 2021

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you're gonna flip in 10 days you won't wanna do anything too drastic. I'd spread the branches apart and tie them to your pot like Kronic suggested. You can trim the very bottom stuff around the soil for better airflow too. I take off anything that will touch the soil.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #5 fishburgr, Mar 23, 2021

6. Leave her alone bro! This bitch is gonna do you good, she hasn't even gone through the fucking pre flower STRETCH yet. Leave her be bro and she'll be bigger

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 fishburgr, Mar 23, 2021

8. I'd like to stress a bigger veg plant doesn't always mean its gonna be packing tons of buds. Some times, you have to let nature do its thing. Also a smaller plant DOES mean less yields. Lst is for suckers haha. Na seriously tho it's for people keeping their shit small as small can be without being arsed about how much they smoke

• Like Like x 1
  9. LST will definitely give you less yields unless you use the sea of green method. That's the best way to keep them down but I would just leave her be and she will not grow into the ceiling bro. Is this an auto or a regular seed?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. #10 fishburgr, Mar 23, 2021

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Awesome stuff bro fucking quality weed and that's 10 yrs old dayummmm. Imagine you could cure weed that long and you smoked it now

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 fishburgr, Mar 23, 2021
    .ow.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Her side arms look at least 12" long too, good plant that bro

• Like Like x 1
  14. Haha that's the thing with weed. The way the seed banks describe the plant is not at all like how they grow and turn out, at least most of the time this is the case. The plant does the talking at the end of the day genetics play a role in this as all will try to be the same but they never will be, they will always all be different and that's why I love weed

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 fishburgr, Mar 23, 2021

• Like Like x 1

16. Yeah that's just the way it's ment to be, I love getting rewarded by the little fuckers, they keep you on edge the whole fucking grow but when you smoke her, you appreciate it more, now growing it without modifying the plant in any way is especially rewarding for me. And it will be for you, I think you should try lst and sea of green method on your next grow. Sometimes if you start to change what you were doing, it can fuck the situation up. I feel she's a bit too big for LST too, it may stress her out now so try on another plant

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. #17 fishburgr, Mar 23, 2021
    .:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. No problem brother. Take it easy, keep it real, always think and double think, if you can't because you're too high. Throw a post up and let's see what people can do for you, I'm glad I've helped you in this instance. Good luck, take care, keep it all things weed

• Like Like x 1
  19. If your ten days out from flipping, <if desiring strongest tops and height not issue> I would remove suckers from the inside/bottoms of your mains, cleaner her up inside. However <if your desiring a more round even spread, shorter> I would leave them til after they set, about two weeks into flower and make judgement call on if want the tops to get the energy or not. Either way, looking good man. Nice and healthy.
    When I do pruning; I always try to cut less than three branches per branch as to not stress my plants too much. I Also always try keeping total removed less in circumference of limbs than main it comes off. If that makes any sense.
    Best of luck with the grow,

20. #20 fishburgr, Mar 28, 2021