pregnant protester beaten and pepersprayed, has miscarage

Discussion in 'General' started by Number1Indica, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Pregnant Seattle protester miscarries after being kicked, pepper sprayed | The Raw Story

A woman who was pepper sprayed during during a raid on Occupy Seattle last week is blaming police after she miscarried Sunday.

Jennifer Fox, 19, told The Stranger that she had been with the Occupy protests since they started in Westlake Park. She said she was homeless and three months pregnant, but felt the need to join activists during their march last Tuesday.

“I was standing in the middle of the crowd when the police started moving in,” Fox recalled. “I was screaming, ‘I am pregnant, I am pregnant. Let me through. I am trying to get out.'”

She claimed that police hit her in the stomach twice before pepper spraying her. One officer struck her with his foot and another pushed his bicycle into her. It wasn't clear if either of those incidents were intentional. \t\t\t \t\t

:eek::eek::eek:

2. SURPRISE!

Cops received no consequences.

3. Fuck the police.

4. Unless this was filmed....she's S.O.L.

5. What was a pregnant woman doing at a protest that's known to be violent?

6. Did you hear that someone got shot at Kent state too?
    The bastards.
    I'm glad these police atrocities occur only very rarely.

*sigh*

Yeah, Fuck the police.

7. Why is she at a protest? Yes cops are morons and they do stupid shit but why put yourself there? In the end she should blame herself.

8. I don't support the amount of force the cops are currently using at these "Occupy ______" protests

BUT

We've seen how crazy things have been getting at these protests, why would someone who is already restricting their activities in order to take good care of their unborn child put themselves in this position?

Not advocating what the cops did but there is a level of personal responsibility being neglected

9. Which side is the violence coming from again?

10. Because the constitution says we have the right to protest.
    I guarantee that woman wasn't doing anything aggressive or violent towards anyone, simply spreading her opinion with words.
    It makes me furious how cops can do that shit to people, like seriously.
    They get no exciting action that they thought of when they watched cops and wanted to be one so they can be a hero, so now every little thing they get into, they try to turn it violent.
    It's horrible.

11. She shouldn't have been at the protest, lol. If she's upset I'll help her make another baby.

12. [quote name='"DirtyB"']

Because the constitution says we have the right to protest.
    I guarantee that woman wasn't doing anything aggressive or violent towards anyone, simply spreading her opinion with words.
    It makes me furious how cops can do that shit to people, like seriously.
    They get no exciting action that they thought of when they watched cops and wanted to be one so they can be a hero, so now every little thing they get into, they try to turn it violent.
    It's horrible.[/quote]
    she may have not been violent but it would be impossible to tell people apart in that chaos

She has a right to be there but her first concern should be her child
    [quote name='"BuffaloSoljah"']

Which side is the violence coming from again?[/quote]
    Both

13. Show me.

14. She should have stayed home and bitched about it on an internet forum like everyone else.

15. [quote name='"BuffaloSoljah"']

Show me.[/quote]

So you say the police are the only ones that are violent. There is not one instance where the protesters instigated it at all.

16. It her fault...

She put the baby at risk just by being around alot of people pushing and shoving.

She shoulda been home where she belongs cooking dinner and cleaning house :devious:

17. The first concern of these glorious officers should be public safety, it's not like the protesters had guns or were charging full force trying to kill the officers.
    There wouldn't be any need to just be spraying mace all over the place, and still, the lady was yelling she was pregnant repeatedly.

18. she stated she was pregnant and trying to get through and the police still did that shit, were one step closer to become a "cut their hand off country"... has anyone seen the movie battle in seatle? i just got reminded by it from this story

19. Well let's see, there's about a thousand videos both amateur and press of police violently attacking protesters circulating all over the Internet. Yet there are zero of these videos of protestors doing anything violent. Again I ask you, to show me a protestor or group instigating violent acts.

Don't even respond when come up empty handed.