Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by redbone79, Apr 21, 2013.

1. I just found out I'm pregnant, and I'm worried about smoking or consuming any marijuana. I'm not sure if any kind of consumption will be safe... I really need some help with pain management, so that's why I'm contemplating smoking now and again during pregnancy, but I don't want my baby to be messed up.

2. If you're using it for pain I would not smoke it.

Vape it and make damn sure you know how it's grown. You don't want nasty shit in/on your weed.

3. Thanks for the advice, I'm a MMJ patient so i can get decent edibles from the dispensaries. Thank you both so much for the advice!

4. Don't consume weed if you're pregnant.. Ask a doctor or someone who has some sort of a medical background.. Of course people will say do it on here cause we are pro weed! Stay safe and I hope all goes well for your pregnancy!

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT??!?

5. I've heard pregnant woman smoking bud and the baby turns out normal. But I just wouldn't chance it. ask your doctor. maybe there's temporary alternatives. What kind of pain by the way?

6. Congrats on the little on one the way.

If I were you, I would steer clear of any drug at all while the baby is developing. While I doubt weed has too much of a effect on babies' bodies developing, I don't think that's a risk that anyone should take.

7. My boyfriends sister smoked when she was pregnant and his niece is cute/smart as hell.

Results may vary.

8. You guys should go back and read. She's not doing it to get high, but to manage a medical condition.

9. Yep - I read that part.

I still think she should steer clear of any drug while she's pregnant. Maybe some ibuprofen. It wouldn't matter to me if it was edibles, or vaped, or smoked etc - if I had another human being growing inside of me I would not be consuming THC.

10. Ibuprofen and Tylenol are pretty damn harmful to a fetus too.

The point is, she has pain, just because she's pregnant doesn't mean she should spend the next 9 months+ in agony.

Marijuana would definitely be the lesser of evils.

Also, from the sounds of it, the pain she has wouldn't be touched by OTC shit.

11. True about the Ibuprofen and Tylenol. I dunno, once again, I would be very wary of taking any sort of drug while pregnant.

OP said she's in a MMJ state - I would go and talk to your doctor (possibly the doctor that gave you your MMJ recommendation) and ask for his thoughts on taking weed to alleviate pain.

Perhaps a strain with a high CBD to THC ratio could work well in this situation.

12. do not do it

13. If you're using it for pain I would not smoke it.

[​IMG]

14. Any kind of smoke is bad... Perhaps edibles, but I honestly don't know if it would harm the fetus. Nothing better than the opinion of a professional, go check with your doc! Congrats btw :D

15. Do a search, im pretty sure that stormcrow granny did a thread with a lot of research that it was ok.

Im also pregnant, 5 months, and personally im not smoking, but thats because of some legal issues as well..im also just being very good about everything, down to not even drinking soda, eating healthy... I know its not completely neccessary to do things like this, but I am.

My last pregnancy i smoked about once a month or so. My son turned out fine, no health problems ever. Also, I have a friend who smoked everyday and when the bAby was born they texted her and her daughter, she tested positive for marijuana and the baby tested negative

16. You look like you are like 18 years old.

17. Thanks? :) im 24