prefuse 73 and others

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by homealldayherb, Jun 29, 2011.

1. I haven't look very hard but I haven't seen one person mention music like prefuse 73 (my favorite) , flying lotus , nosaj thing , and sound tribe. Besttttt music to blaze too , I hope some of y'all out there listen as well , if so drop some of your fav songs or opinions or anything !!!
    #smoke

2. I've heard plenty of chill and background music as I like to say from plenty of people on these boards; only place I've actually found people that like the music as well.

Props for Nosaj / Fly Lo recognition.

Check out:
    - Amon Tobin (he makes all his shit in studio with real instruments, then makes his songs using the sounds)
    - Daedelus
    - DJ Shadow
    - Explosions In The Sky (Way chiller, only use string instruments/drums in their songs.)

3. #3 homealldayherb, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    yeah , fuckin dj shadow is sick , I also forgot rjd2 . They both make the sickest beats . And I'll make sure to check out the others you mentioned , thanks man

4. Listen to dj naughty boy

5. Yeah I forgot about RJD2 as well; he's got some cool shit I just tend not to listen to him because every time I put on that genre this specific buddy of mine always tries to top it with RJD2. I'm like dude it's cool but he isn't fucking Wu-Tang or anything gottdaMN!

6. #6 homealldayherb, Jun 29, 2011
    him and soul position put out some nicceeeee shit .

7. True true. We need to get a collaboration thread from a couple of the guys here that like a chill music selection (I've seen very few.) and start a thread much like the Rate the Hip-Hop song above you or something to the like.
    Check this out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1JZaBCbIs8]YouTube - ‪Deadbeats - You Never Know‬‏[/ame]

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv8RtNqTwW4]YouTube - ‪Flying Lotus - Auntie's Lock/Infinitum‬‏[/ame]

9. Try emancipator, blockhead, little people, tycho, the widdler... :smoke:

Edit: I was gonna say Dj shadow & rjd2, but they've already been mentioned

10. ^^ Little people is dope as well, I'll for sure have to check out the others.

Pretty Lights and Beats Antique since no one has mentioned those either.

11. #11 thwaaaaaamp, Jun 29, 2011
    You'll definitely like emancipator a lot then... You seem like you have great taste in music :smoke:

12. Right on! I'm sure I've heard them somewhere or another, possibly on Pandora. I'll have to check them out.

You too, rare to find these days. But then again I pretty much like anything. One good thing about music, is none if it is wrong or right, and technically there's no "bad" music essentially.