Predator mites?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Megadethcloud, Oct 26, 2019.

1. I was thinking I had root aphids but still have yet to see anything remotely resembling an adult root aphid. Now I'm thinking they may be Hypoaspis Miles,they look exactly like the pictures I've seen. I see the amber/orange colored ones sprinkled around my pots....usually on the outside of my fabric pots. The thing is there are so many eggs and young(white) ones on the outside of my pots I can see them without the loupe as they're clustered together. But even the white ones look like the amber colored ones,the only difference I see is that the young ones look like they have a few hairs sticking off of their ass. I wish I had a way to take a pic to confirm. I know without pics its useless but any insight is greatly appreciated.

2. Yes, a pic would be helpful. However, if they are indeed Hypoaspis Miles, there is really no threat, they're good for the soil. But, if you don't like them there you could always try some diatomaceous earth.