pre-mature to flower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tomascat, Jan 11, 2012.

1. noob, 1st grow, in 5th week of veg and have been on 18/6 for a week. will they start to flower before 12/12 switch? i have 5 plants under 18- 26w 6500 and 5000k cfls and noted some lighter color shoots after topping. all i have is this nothin pos phone so pics wont happen

2. Unless they're autos, they shouldn't flower under 18hrs of light per day.

3. They wont start flowering but they will show Pre-Flower signs. After enough vegetative growth the plant becomes "mature" and will show you the sex sometimes, if its a female she will usually just shoot out a few pistils. This IMO, is the plant telling you she is ready to flower.

4. thanks alot, my intentions are to let them veg for another 4 weeks til a few more seedlings have at least 4 weeks growth then switch to 12/12. does that sound like a viable plan??? so ill have some 9 weeks old and some 5 weeks old going to flower, that ok??

5. ya thats fine, but the 9 week olds will take most the space and the younger plants will have to fight for light, put something under the younger ones so the light is the same distance away as the taller ones :)

6. i have a whole room dedicated so im able to lst and surround all the girls that develope with their own light. i could let them go vertical 8 ft as well but my 1st is a learning process, thanks a bunch..ur a great group of people on this site!!