pre-flowering during 18/6??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 1r0n1ungs, May 19, 2006.

1. I had my plants under 24/0 for like 3 weeks, then i switched it to 18/6. Would this cause a wee bit of flowering to occur? Im hoping so because what looks like feminine parts are emerging on my biggest plant. They're small, but they look exactly like feminine plants. Anyone?

2. Yes.
    This could sometimes happen. They are just showing pre-flowers. Congrats, you don't have to waste time and energy going from 18/6 to 12/12 back to 18/6 again.

3. hey iron lungs what kind of light are you using???

4. EconoLite 400w HPS from insidesun.com

Total with chains + shipping was 136, but the ballast was different from that in the picture, not that it really matters.

Someone just got a burned out bulb/igniter from them right off the bat, so I dunno abuot ordering from insidesun.com

5. We are not sure what's wrong with his light yet. Also, insidesun sells refurbished equipment and while it may be cheaper, the chance of refurbished equipment being defective is a lot higher.

6. Not to mention they sell cheap crap anyway.

7. Hey up4.
    You think insidesun sells cheap crap? I did not get my entire light from them just the Hortilux bulb and some other odds and ends things. I did find however that the 2 gallon pots I bought from them were crap. I have to double up on them and they still collapse when I go to pick full pots up. I would not recommend their pots; everything else from them was good. I do question a ”refurbished ballast". Do they warranty it at all? That would be something I would call them up to really question.