Pre-flower -- sex

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Foley1345, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Hey guys, I had a previous grow thread at http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/188866-first-grow-need-some-tips-plz.html

On to more important things. I need to know if I am right in thinking my first ever plant is a female. At the joining point of the stems i think i am seeing almost miniature leaves, and what looks to me like pistils around the stem. I have 3 tiers, and it seems there are pistils on each. Is it way too early to tell?

Day 17 of the grow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So how do I look? Been running under 2 23w CFL's for 17 days. Nutes in low dosage, 10-5-5. Bottom leaves were either over nuted, or aren't getting enough light. Top of the plant is healty, bottom not so much.

2. Way to early to tell my friend.
    What you probably see are the next leaves coming and and under those there are green
    pistols,probably 4. The hairs that will tell you its a female will be white.

3. Top Down Pic:

[​IMG]

4. Quick reply, thanks. Ok I wasn't sure and I was getting excited. I'll keep this baby growing hopefully, she seems to be hanging in there with me. Hope the grow lasts long so I can learn more.

5. looks like it may need to be transplated,pot is a bit small for size of plant.