PPM question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deathmachine, Dec 14, 2018.

1. I’m reading that PPM for hydroponic grow should be 400-800ppm. After I mix the water/nutrient i’m reading 125ppm. So then I add spring water? to raise the ppm level? I did search the forum, direct questions are sometimes easier. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I’ve been using technaflora for nutrients, mixing with distilled water and adding a few drops of PH up to get it to ~6.1. This is correct?
    Different topics sorry wasn’t sure if it was related to PPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. High Deathmachine,
    welcome to GC.

Your ppm should be 400-800, that means there 400-800 parts per million (of salts/nutrients/whatever). If adding nutrients gets you 150 ppm, you should add more to achieve your desired ppm. Adding water would dilute the solution resulting in a lower ppm.

4. after mixing using the technaflora formula I’m at 1250ppm

5. 1250 is ok depending on the age of the plant. You need to monitor the plant each day, see how much the ppm changes; increases, add weaker sauce; decreases, add stiffer nutes.

It also depends how often you feed, so if you are constant feeding, then a more dilute solution.
    I mixed my nutes today (as directed) and they were too high at ~1250 for constant flow, so I added some RO water until my EC was where I wanted it.

6. Just cut the amount required on the label by half and go from there. If your ppm is to low, add more. If your ppm is too high, add less. My average ppm using General Hydroponics nutes was around 700 when adding fresh nutrients.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. I’m using an autopot system not sure if that matters, there’s always water supplied to the plants. After mixing I should dilute with distilled water to get around 700ppm then adjust PH? I guess that was contributing to having nutrient burn.? I was using full strength mix but backed off ~25%. Full strength mix =1750 vs 1250 now.

8. yes.
    yes
    1750 too high during veg. Maybe, maybe during flower.

9. check the PPM of your runoff as well.. that will give you a good indication of if you need to strengthen or weaken your nutrient mix.

10. oh, so there’s different ppm for veg and flower. I’m in flower right now at 1250. Sounds like that’s OK? And in veg i want about 700?
    Thanks so much!!

11. Autopot system, there is no runoff.

12. oh gotcha..

as far as different ppm for different stages of growth.. whatever full strength is for your nutrient line (dont go by the bottle.. find out what people who are growing with it call "full strength") .. typically you use 1/4 the amount of full strength for seedlings/early veg. 1/2 strength for early/mid veg.. 3/4 strength for mid veg-late veg.. and full strength for flower.

those time lines are just a guide line. watch the plants and see how they react.. if they want more.. less.. etc.