ppm question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by kenzoSlice, Feb 26, 2012.

1. So I'm just gettin into ppming my water I been running my nutes at half strength to avoid nute burn n they look great I must say.I heard ppm should be around 1000.at 50% I'm only at 676 should I increase or stick to what been working

ForumRunner_20120225_225624.png

ForumRunner_20120225_225650.png

2. They are def big enough to give full strength.

3. N not be worried about burn

4. [quote name='"kenzoSlice"']N not be worried about burn[/quote]

Yeah.

5. I'm at 50% I'm gonna check tonight see how they look after 24 hrs ill add a qtr do the same thing up to full strength

6. What phrase of growth are you in?veg or flower I've known some plants that wouldn't take a 1000 ppm period, seen others go as high as 1750 ppm.. So basically it's all about what the plant wants, and yours' sir look happy.

7. I'm beginning 3rd week of veg at 50% I plan to be at 75% by tomm

8. Maybe you're not understanding me. Full strength isn't' the same for every plant. Be sure to watch for burns as you raise ppm.

9. Yes I understand you but if they loving it why not try a lil more n push the envelope a bit

10. Raise the nutes. The norm is a good place to start in a new strain/first grow. Then dial from there.

11. I'm at 75% strength ppm is right around 830.I had to top off res with 8 gallons n its only been 2 days. Will upload pics after 75.

12. [quote name='"kenzoSlice"']I'm at 75% strength ppm is right around 830.I had to top off res with 8 gallons n its only been 2 days. Will upload pics after 75.[/quote]

What size res?

13. 55 gallon res I only use 30 though

14. By that calculation then you should change res every 4 days. What are your temps? Humidity? Do you have a ventilation system?

15. Temps have been 25-28 celsius, I change every ten but usually top off after 6 or 7. The ladies are really starting to drink.also I just purchased the ppm meter few days ago. Seems like im gettin a lot info straight on my first grow.I been on here for years n recently made account this is my 2nd indoor grow and it will be first indoor to go all the way through I'm stoked

16. Rule of thumb is to change res when you've topped off with half the volume in the tank.

17. #17 kenzoSlice, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
    Update with 75% nutes. No burn only been few hrs will be watching carefully. Hey zoome I'm gonna update my yellow bottles thread w new pix also is it time to top these plants

ForumRunner_20120228_103240.png

18. [quote name='"kenzoSlice"']Update with 75% nutes. No burn only been few hrs will be watching carefully. Hey zoome I'm gonna update my yellow bottles thread w new pix also is it time to top these plants

[/quote]

Yes. This is a good site.
    http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/pruning.html

"Topping Marijuana- Topping a plant refers to cutting off the top shoot(s) of cannabis plants. You can pinch, clip or snip off the tallest shoots or the freshest shoots. Cut the branch stem just below the last fully developed node,. The plant starts developing branches at the remaining nodes. This is a good techniques to keep a plant short and bushy. Or you can develop many top colas instead of just one. Don't top a plant more than twice and never top when it is in the flowering stage.Bending Marijuana - Carefully pull down the branches of your cannabis plant, or the whole plant, tye them down. You are now forcing them to grow horizontally. Tthe nodes will start producing branches or buds that grow straight up. Bending should be done gradually to avoid pinching or snapping the stem. Use soft hemp string or cloth to secure the branch or stem loosely when tying down to minimize damage to the soft stems. Growth is slowed for awhile as the cannabis plant adjusts to the shock of being bent. This is a good technique to maximize space in a small grow room."

19. They look really good. I think you'll be amazed to see what full strength nutes will do for ya. Just keep watch and don't forget to talk to her. She's a chic so you know we love attention. Lol

20. Oh you are oh so right. I sing to them while I'm in there working and I think I'm gonna go full strength tomm my ph goes up ppm is going down lil at a time I bought a tds ppm for 40 other than waterproof is the Hanna better? If I want them to get lil taller I shouldnt top em then huh is this irrelevant for me cuz I have no space restriction