Ppm for hydro using RO water

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Davis443, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Hi all starting to grow a new set of plants they are going well so far, they are being grown in soil as last time i had problems with a hydro grow.

I used tap water so could not get an accurate ppm going and then i followed a feeding schedule devised by a company which burnt the plant up.

So now I'll be starting a new grow using a RO water purifier, so the question is this

When using the RO water what should I start the cal-mag to ppms as i know there could be a nutrient lock with these, i will be using flora series taking the ppms to around 350 for veg and slowly rasing to 650 for bloom

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What percentage of cal mag should I be using for example, if i use 100ppm of nits what percentage of that after should I be adding cal mag? I have seen some videos of growing on YouTube a lad called hygro hybrid and they recommend using RO with no cal mag

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Take your water. It should read 0-20ppm if its RO. Add Calmag until you reach 150ppm. Then do whatever you want to it. Just start with a base of 150ppm

4. I use 10ml per gallon of calmag.

My water from the tap has 13-15 ppm of tds, almost RO quality from my understanding. Wasn't using calmag in the beginning and it set me back a couple weeks. Now using it at that strength, happy plants, happy grower

5. Nice one thanks, i was starting with a base of 70 bringing that to 200 ppm with calmag so 150 calmag then bring it to 350 but i think there's a problem, have a look at the plant, its not seriously yellow but it looks like its about to turn to me looks like nitrogen IMG_20180816_100058.jpg