Ppm chart

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by countryboy13, Jul 22, 2012.

1. I've been looking for a reliable ppm chart a wk for wk. I have seen a few but they are all different. Any help would be great.

2. Whatever nutes your using check out their website for one.

3. There won't be a definite chart. I mean, you may find one, but it's highly possible that it won't be suitable for your conditions.

Another issue is that there are a bunch of different converting factors on TDS pens. One pen's 500 ppm will be completely different than the next. It's necessary to figure out which conversion factor your pen is using.

This will help.

[​IMG]

The easiest way to figure out what to use is to simply watch your plants. You can run 0 ppm water until the second or third node of real leaves (disregard the cotyledons). After that, I think it'd be smart to go to 0.25 EC and see how it goes. From there, the easiest thing to watch for is nitrogen deficiencies. Since that's the main component the plant is going to pull and use in veg, it's the first one to be deficient. Slightly yellow leaves, usually the lower leaves is a sure indicator.

You can usually hit 1 EC before the plant is 2-3 weeks old. From there, I don't really tend to push much more over 1 EC. That's just how I do it.

So uh... good luck?

4. What I'm looking for is X amount week 1
    X amount week 2.
    You know like a ball-park for DWC.

5. There is no definitive chart..every plant is different and nutes vary. Your manufacture should list what they recommend. Go by that as a max amount. Start off like 25% and work your way up. Some plants if you go by that chart will be toast..some not enough. It all varies.

Easy way to do it is to keep a journal and watch your plants. If there taking the amount up it as each week goes by.

Never use the full amount the maker says without working your way up.

6. The knowledge you are looking for does is not easily available because so many individuals confuse ignorance with simplicity. Most growers fail to keep logs of their daily feeding by the ml and with a final measurement.

The best thing for you to do, and what I did for myself with coco, is run a complete nutrient system by their directions. Keep track of the EC levels and ensure your environment is stable. After two or three grows from the first "baseline" grow you will have a very good idea of how much npk ca,mg,su,si,fe,etc to use throughout the grow.

It is up to you though. Every grow room and nutrient program and strains introduce variables that are hard to predict without first hand knowledge.

7. Thanks man for the reply.

8. What SCMC said. The nice thing about tracking your feeding if a problem does pop up & they will you can go back & find any possible causes. Different strains will have different needs in nutes & amounts fed & for newbs it's good to know what you did or didn't do without having to rely on memory.
    Cheers:D