power usage

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by great gadfly, Sep 20, 2007.

1. I just started growing not to long ago and I was wondering how other growers deal with the large amount of power required to run the lights and other equipment. Currently I am using 1 400 watt light and it has more than doubled my electric bill. I have heard of ways to amplify the power coming out of the outlet but I don't know what kind of equipment would do that. I was wondering if anyone on this site knows anything about that or anything else that would be useful. I plan on upgrading to a 1000 watt light eventually and would like to be able to cut down on the electric bill anyway I can.

2. if a 400 watter doubled your power bill then you must not use much power. i run 1000 watts mostly and it adds about forty a month to my bill.

3. its not just the light i also have an extra 300-600 watts coming from other equipment depending on if i'm using my space heater. i also live in an area where electricity isn't the cheapest. my electric bill was already 40 a month now it is closer to 70.