Power Plant Hydro/Soil Grow Diary

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by AlcoholicAuthor, Apr 28, 2008.

1. hey everyone, not been on this site for a looong time now, some of you might remember me though :) i have just got some plants a friend grew from seed and iv stuck them in my cupboard under a 250W MH lamp, min temp is 22 degrees C and max is 34, thats pretty consistent with the door on the cupboard shut so its not too bad, tiny bit high but nothin another fan cant sort out ! anyway here are some pics, the plant in the bubble bucket is still rooting, not shown its head yet, have started LST on the plants at the back as you can see.

enjoy :D

The growspace

[​IMG]

its blurry, but can anyone tell me what this is, just looks like the leafs died abit, anything fixable?

[​IMG]

The tops of the two powerplants

[​IMG]

PP's from side - bit of overzealous LST'ing went on the other night, dont think i did any major damage though!

[​IMG]
    im hoping the plant in the bubble bucket will raise its head soon, and theres another pp in a little pot thats just popped out of the soil so hopefully thatl take off soon :) think my lights at the right height? temp in the cupboard is 27 atm but thats cos the doors open, max during "daytime" is 34, i know thats not too bad but cud that cause heat stress? first grow for a while so iv forgotten lots of stuff! anyway il leave the talkin up to you guys now,
    comments welcomed,

AlcoholicAuthor

2. forgot to ask, anyone reading this who has exp with Powerplants could they reply and leme know the best PH levels and possibly even a feeding schedule? im using Dr Hornbys Iguana juice for grow/bloom. thanks!

AA

3. Hey man 34 degrees C is too hot. I grew power plant and it is easy to over fertilize. Come to think of it, every strain I have grown is easily to over fertilize. I think I am just a shitty grower though.

For pH in soil just stay between 6.2-6.8 and in the bubble buckets go 5.2-5.8.

BTW I remember you.

I will move this to the grow journals section. I think it will be more comfortable there.

Welcome back.

4. hey what's going on man!
    is it the nirvana power plant or the dutch passion?
    Ive grown the DP powerplant a few times (soil not hydro) and IME it needs a nice dose of grow formula after the first week of 12/12 before you switch to bloom formula. It tends to yellow prematurely otherwise.
    Power Plant is pretty heat sensitive as well.
    GL man!

VTEC: you are far from a shitty grower man, you know WAY too much about weed for that.

5. Thanks bud, not a great grower compared to guys like you. I am happy though. As long as you guys outgrow me [not hard to do] then my job here has been successful.

6. haha thanks for the comments guys, i remember you too lol :) and id say west is right vtec, you do know ur shit :p il try and get temps down and update when theres some more growth

AA

7. hey all, couple of days since the last update, iv had another 5 plants pop up, problem is there are 4 plants in 2 pots, so i need to repot soon, or just kill 2....:S anyway, apart from that looking good, had a minor accident when i spilt some soil onto my hydro plant, no permanent damage though, temps sitting at 27 degrees C atm, hope it stays like that !

to the pics :)

the (hopefuly) ladies from the side

[​IMG]

From the top - looks like some leaf damage on the top, anyone got any idea what it is?

[​IMG]

top again

[​IMG]

the new sprouts, there are actualy two in each plant (if you can make it out)

[​IMG]

and finally.... the hyrdo plant has finally left the ground :)

[​IMG]

thats it for the pics, leme know what u all thing. only one slight little problem, got an electrician coming to check the house for safety next week, gna have to move the plants for that time, will an hour or so's lack of light damage them considerably? i might just put them outside as it will be the morning so hopefully nice and sunny. anywhoo thanks for looking and as ever, comments apprecciated :)

AA

8. So wot r u saying I don't know my shit alcoholicauthor? Jee thanks.

Naw for reals tho your plant is either over or under nuted I just can't fucking tell anymore. Has it been fed yet? If so how much, with wot and when?

9. lol, nah i didnt mean that man :) they have not been fed at all yet, theyr probly in need of it, im gona wait til tomorrow to feed though because i still dont have a PH test kit, thort i did but cant find it so gona get a chemical one tomorrow, your probably right about it being underfeeding. in other news, another 3 plants have shown up, but my hydro plant is dead lol, it was tiny anyway, got a feeling the bubbles mite not be hittin the net pot, will update with pics when i know more :)

ta all

AA

forgot to say, im using iguana juice hydro feed, gona dilute to 1/4 strength and give the big plants and the hydro a feed.

10. Ha ha yeah I know I am just messing with you. Keep us updated.