Power Outtages: What to do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by spylenz, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Hey ppl, im an aspiring grower but i got a problem. I live out here in pakistan n ive ordered seeds n looked into the whole hydro setup. So the problem is that out here theres power outtages that happen randomly for undetermined amounts of time, especially now that summer is comming. I know that u need constant light during the cycles so what could i or should i do to get around this problem...If i hooked some setup to switch on flourescents in place of my HPS when the lights went out would that compensate? really confused, really annoyed... Thanks for your help

2. If the powers out flourescents wont work either.

3. Well, I guess the only advice that can be given here is to have a generator or something. Depending on your setup (wattage mostly) some PC power supplies can last for a couple of hours.

I don't see how switching back to floros during a power outage can help, I mean if you can power floros, you can power HPS. If you mean low output floros, they wont help much in terms of light supply.

edit: You can go and use LEDs, they would need less power but it will cost a bit and still you gotta need like batteries and stuff, kinda like PC supply systems anyways.

4. You will either need a way to generate enough electricity or else grow outdoors.