Power Hitters

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by DemonChild, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Has anyone seen Power Hitters for sale online? My dad had one he bought in a head shop when he was in Basic training in the mid to late 70s but it was lost in a fire. I'd like to replace it for him on his birthday in January but I haven't been able to find one.

2. can you explain a power hitter? most of us weren't around in the 70's

3. It's basically a sports bottle (squeeze bottle) with a hole in the side for a carb and a stem/joint holder in the cap so the lit joint is suspended in the inside of the bottle. Cover the carb and squeeze shooting large quantities of smoke into your lungs.

It was my favorite toy he had and I'd love to replace it for him.

4. Sounds bad freaking ass! Sadly, I've never seen anything like that before. Maybe someone else has. Hope you find it, that would be a great sentimental gift.:wave:

5. Whats stopping you from making one?

6. I've run into a few homemade ones at house parties but I've never seen one that looked like it was brand name. Your best bet is probably to make one yourself, though I'm not sure what would be best to use as a joint holder (first thing that comes to mind is just a rubber stopper big enough to hold a joint).

7. my buddys dad has one of these but i cant remember who makes it
    it was a soft black plastic bottle w/ a metal tube in the cap for the mouth piece/joint holder and then the carb looks like a empty rivet

8. There really isn't anything stopping me from making one except that the one he had was embossed with a pot leaf and had a psychadelic paint job.

9. Man,I aint seen one of those in ages.
    It's really not a carb on those,it's a one way valve to fill the bottle back up with air after you squeeze it and get that killer hit.
    Now I'm on the hunt to find 'em.

10. I am also in the market. I have had a few of these back in the day! You can make one, but they arent quite as good as the soft rubber ones, with the hard plastic top and a metal sleeve for the joint. I wish i had the resources, i would manufacture them myself and I am sure, make a fortune. If anyone finds out where you can buy them, please post that on here!

11. #12 powerhitter, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
  12. #14 friedricey, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    ^ those chicks look as cool as fuck to b/hang with.

13. Looks awesome. Now I want one..

14. lol never heard of it, but shit looks tight

15. I used them in the 70's they were great.

16. #18 DorianOmega, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014