POwer failure. Help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tidehigh, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Week 7 flower. Lights schdules to be on for 2 more hours today. Power just cut out. Should I take them outside in the sun until then?

2. sure, go for it, can't hurt em

3. So long as you don't have a SCrog or can risk damaging/stressing the plant, I say go for it.

4. it came back on sometime before noon, so the lights were off for at least 20 minutes and not more than 2 hours. i ended up having to get out of the house so i wasn't able to put them out. they are about a week or 2 from harvest, is there anything i should do? should there be any damage? should i adjust the light cycle at all now? i can find out exactly how long they were off.

5. Don't do a thing.

Some people think that adding on the lost time here or there will help, and they worry that the light may affect sex (hermi) or stress the plant.. Not the case at all...

Grow on. :hello:

6. great, thanks for the help.

7. well shit. discovered just now that my timer is now off by the amount of time the power is out. should i adjust it back to the original?

i'm thinking i need to just let it be as long as its 12/12 still. so it was just one cycle that was wrong. but maybe it'd be better to be back closer to the time the switch was happening? shit. i'm so far along i just hope i don't end up with seeds in a couple weeks. hopefully that can't happen that fast

8. tomorrow is the first day of week 8, i just realized...

on week 7 day 1, i checked 2 leaves from each plant and got mixed results with trichromes. i saw no cloudy on one part, but then quite a few amber on another. i'm checking them when the lights come back on tonight in a more scientific way to try to get a good read on how many ambers i have. i'll report back.

i flushed a few days ago. going to flush again tomorrow night (if relatively dry) and hopefully prep for harvest within a week

9. Hey man. Got any pictures of ya girls. I'd love to see em!!!!

10. sure do. tried to upload but i think they are too big. i'll try again shortly.

trichromes are tough to dechipher. lots of clear still. toward the leave tips there are bunches of amber and cloudy, but overall still lots of clear. another week...

pix coming hopefully

11. I had the same trouble uploading photos (they were too big) until i worked it out. You need to resize them. Simple right click your mouse then scroll up to the resize function and hit small. Your off

12. no luck with the pix. i think i need to resize. no time tonight. i will post some bud pix tomorrow in hopes of getting some input.

i'm going to leave the timer alone. and after really looking over my plants tonight, i think i still have more than a week left. so i'll flush with molasses tomorrow night, again a few days after that and check again. should be done by the end of week 10 at the latest i would think.

13. missed this. thanks. i don't have a resize on my right click menu. i've got photoshop, though i never use it so i'll play with it a bit then post em.

14. You can use tinypic.com to upload the pics, and it will resize them for you to whatever you specify.

Also, like you were told don't change the lighting schedule, but do fix your timer so it's back on track. Everything will be fine. Your girls will just think it was a really, really cloudy day out, and there was no sun for a little while. You missed out on grow time... sure, but the 2 hours is negligible.

15. u dont have to worry bout it hermie if its already at week 7.i wouldnt worry bout it if only one of the light cycles got fudged a bit.def put your timer on the right schedule though

16. thanks for the responses guys, +rep

it helped bc i was contemplated harvesting soon just bc of the hermie thing. instead i'm going to stretch it out another couple weeks in hopes that these buds get fat. a couple of the main buds have gotten much fatter in the last few days, hoping the rest fall in line. gotta get away from these CFLs on my 2nd grow though. buds just aren't big enough for my taste ;)

17. some pix from last night

Attached Files:

18. :smoke:

Attached Files:

19. that's the best looking plant. the other has smaller buds but looks a bit more ripe because its got an amber tint to it. pistils on it are much more red. couple weeks :D

20. Keep these pics coming.. Loving the Bud Pron