Powdery Mildew 7 weeks into 12/12

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by coconut123, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Hi all, I have some Blueberry 7 weeks into flower with a bad case of Powdery Mildew.
    Room temp = 70, humidity = 45-55. E/F system, scrog set up.
    I have some Serenade, and also a baking soda mix (1qt water, 1/2t baking soda, 3 drop soap).
    I heard you shouldn't spray anything on the plants this far into flowering. What do you guys think?
    #1 What can I spray on them now to get rid of the PM.
    #2 When I harvest, how can I get the PM dust off the buds? Dunk in water? Spray them off with canned air?
    Spray them off with water?

Thanks for any help. Steve

Attached Files:

2. Hello, Im no expert, but I'd say, if its only on the lower leaves or on smaller buds, just cut it off, and watch the nice buds to make sure it doesnt spread there. If it is on the nice buds, then I'd say there isnt too much hope besides just brushing it off, and hoping for the best (maybe damp cloth?) either way remove as much as you can the best you can. dry any affected nug away from good product, and away from other plants and or veg area. I live in RI and we just got a nasty flood, and like everyone in RI has PM on their plants right now, and dehumidifiers are scarce because everyone needs to go out and buy one now. I spot treated with neem oil on the stem (direct application non diluted applied with a sterile q-tip) and Serenade spray almost everywhere else in my grow area (Serenade is a contact mold killer, so it must be sprayed directly onto the area, not the most ideal in the last few days because it could make the buds some undesirable flavor if it isnt given time to wear off) I got very sick from breathing in all the different molds in my old house, and many of them can be dangerous, even deadly, so always be careful, and research as much as possible

3. a mix of a drop or 2 of dish soap in a spray bottle of water will control it. you need to spray to area till it drips off and this needs to be done when the lights are off . you can wash the small amount of soap off once you have control.