Pots

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by williedank, Apr 23, 2015.

1. So I really am wanting to start my first grow.. I've had seeds for about 6 months now, but being in the Midwest couldn't plant until now (still a little cold). I'm really wondering what type of pot I should use for an outdoor grow.. don't have the best soil so going to get ffof and some perlite. I have been looking at the smart pots, but not sure if that would be good for outdoors.

2. Just get 5 or ten gallon nursery pots bro dont gotta get all fancy just go old school for outdoor when i gro i use 15 gallon trash cans with bx promix just make sure jt has good drainage and soil is areated and plants are in sunlight majority of the daylight time and youll be fine happy growing

3. Do you START in the big pots?  Or in a small one and transfer?

4. I bought some root pouch smart pots off eBay for cheap and they are great! I plant to start mine in my 5 gallon smart pots inside then move outside when the weather permits. I also bought some 3 gallon root pouch for my autos. 

5. If autos plant in big pits if regular seeds i start in 4 inch pots about two weeks move to one gallon about 4 weeks they go into fives then flower