Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Potentially moldy bud.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gotpurp, Apr 22, 2009.

1. So I copped my first dro sack in quite some time. Been smoking mids lately. That's just the way it is around here. But I got this fat eighth of dro (we use dro for slang around here for any good weed better than mids.) but it was still pretty wet (I guess that's why it was fat lol). It didn't even hardly smoke, I had to let it dry. Well, the first two days I had it, I stored it in a sandwich baggie inside a glad ware container. I now know that this was stupid to do being that the weed was still wet.

So, after two days I let it air dry for about two days and it's better now, probably smokeable (I haven't tried yet.) I've broken it up some and it doesn't necessarily appear to have any mold on it, however, it has a slight ammonia-like smell to it. That smell went away for the most part now that it's dry though. It smelt more like that when it was still wet. It still somewhat smells like it but not near as much.

I wish I had pictures but I do not. I've described the weed the best I could so now I ask, what do you guys think? Did storing the wet bud in a gladware container for two days potentially make it bad? You think it's good to smoke? I think it is, but in a way I don't. lol Tough decision. Thanks for the help tho.

2. bump... only 1 view? i'm about to just go smoke this shit. lol.

3. Honnestly i think your fine.

4. I think your fine, though you should have used a mason jar to finish curing the bud. Smoke it and let us know how high you are...hahaha

5. I think it should be fine as well. I think of moldy pot just like I think of laced pot in the sense that, If it's questionable, but not definite, most likely its not there. I think that if there really is mold on it, you wouldn't need to ask GC to confirm it.

Plus, if it did unfortunately have mold on it, youll know the second that first hit gets to your throat, and one hit shouldn't cause TOO much damage

Hope this helps

6. hope it wasn't moldy lol. i doubt it was but if i didn't read that "mold on pot" thread that shit would still be wet sitting in an airtight container. would've probably gotten moldy at some point.

thanks for the replies tho. this weed's good. wish i had pics. got me nice and toasted. I smoked it in one of my glass pipes, took me like 10 minutes to even take a second hit lol. now, unfortunately, i have a little homework to do. PEACE!

7. one time i thought i had moldy pot, i gave it to my brother.

8. Let me wow you with science.

Ammonia is produced by bacteria that eat and decompose organic matter as a byproduct of cellular respiration. The wet, sticky, sweet fresh bud was a perfect breeding ground for these bacteria.

Ammonia is volatile and would evaporate quickly once it stopped being produced. Once the bud dried, the bacteria producing it could no longer thrive, and the existing ammonia evaporated.

These bacteria strains are everywhere, and already in your body.

Cliff notes: SMOKE IT

Rep it for paying attention in 7th grade biology