Potential Mushrooms

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by theHomeGrown, Jan 24, 2009.

1. One of my friends recently started a grow and I pointed out to him that there were what appeared to be little mushrooms growing in every one of his cups. The plants themselves are only a couple days old and look like theyre coming along strong, but Im worried about the mushroms. Im attaching a picture of what they look like. They are tiny round and of a light brown color. When removed, they have a single long slimy filament that reaches to the bottom of the cup. Are these something we should be concerned about and if so, what can he do to stop them?

Attached Files:

2. what kind of soil? where did you get it?

3. Sorry I should have mentioned that. The soil is Miracle Grow potting mix. We got it from lowes.

4. Please don't take offence, I dont know much about growing, as I'm a beginner myself..

but i do know that miracle grow should be avoided at all costs when it comes to growing marijuana.

Doesnt necessarily mean its causing the mushrooms, but what im saying is that the soil in general just isnt the best. You and your friend should look into some organic soil.