Potential hermie?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wonderwaffle, May 26, 2017.

1. Hey guys, was trimming a lady and came across these things around some of the flowers. Male parts or something I shouldn't be concerned with? Week 5 just began today.
    The thing to the far left is a torn apart calyx, to which I found a little bean.

Capture.PNG

2. #2 Allofthemtaken, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Post a picture of it on the plant next time. That's really blurry too. If you found a bean however then it did hermie. Just doesn't look like one from the picture.

3. I'll post another when it's day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Can't see any on em. I happened to pull out several yesterday. Week 5 rolled over yesterday. IMG_4032.JPG IMG_4034.JPG IMG_4035.JPG

5. I could be wrong but it looks like nanners to me. If they are there are 2 options.

1. Chop her amd harvest
    2. Go through your plant 2/3 times a week cutting off nanners. Your plant will yeild less and overall under preform.

Capture+_2017-05-26-08-40-02.png

6. Option 3 is let her go until harvest and get seeds, and a viable smoke.

7. Or this....

8. Not necessarily. It was more than likely an unfertilized ovule.

9. Gotta find the silver lining somewhere.
    After all, I got this girl from bud I ground up. It cant be THAT bad.

10. Google pica on nanners on cannabis and check your plants. I could just be seeing shit

11. No sir you aren't. I pulled out 5 on about 5 colas yesterday.

12. Then the choice is yours.

I had one plant do this and i just choped them off as i found them. I found new ones everyday.

I let it go to harvest. Never found any seeds but overall it looked like it just under proformed comparied to the other plants. And also you risk pollination to other plants.

13. This is my first and only grow, so I don't have to worry about cross pollination.
    How did it smoke though.

14. Smoke was still good. I guess only effect yield

• Like Like x 1
  15. Some literature ive read says that hermie pollen is used to create fem seeds, but it has to pollinate another 100% female and the resulting seeds have a higher female ratio but also of course tendency to herm under stress just like the mom (s)..

If its important you get some smoke just let it go man, but maybe dont invest too much into the resulting seeds. Best use them outdoor and use something more stable inside. Ive had some fire that was seeded, as a grower i was happy to get free genetics to play w.

Just my 2c

Sent from my SM-G903W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1