Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Potent cannaoil for brownies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Milf0817, Dec 2, 2016.

1. So I bought an ounce of flower and want to make brownies the recipe I found called for 6cups of oil for ounce of flower. And then use 1/3 cup at the least or mix accordingly to the brownie box recipe. If so that'd give me about 18batches??? My friend doesn't think that sounds right. She wants some sky high brownies, I don't want to waste anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The most oil you want to use for an ounce of flowers is 2 cups. That will give you 4 half cup portions of 7g each and if your brownie mix calls for a half cup of oil, you'll have 4 batches. 6 cups would make it really very dilute and you don't want to add more oil than the recipe asks for. Use an extra couple of ounces of oil in your extraction to ensure you get back 2 cups since you won't be able to squeeze it all out of the material.

Don't forget to decarb first. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Don't want to waste ? Put the bud right in the brownie batter , can't lose any then .. Just like the ol' hippies do , nothing fancy , more time left to get high rather than making oil . .

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks I've been searching forever trying to find a recipe!

5. Do you know about decarbing? :huh:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Correct me if I'm wrong but I just grind my flowers and lay wax paper on baking sheet and spread evenly and then bake about 225 for about 50min?

7. You'll get the best results at 240°F for 40 minutes. Use an oven thermometer if you have one available to make sure the heat is stable. I've had a lot of lab tests done to confirm it. If your flowers are green before then it should still be at least somewhat green afterwards, not brown unless it's old. Don't grind the flowers too fine, joint rolling texture is perfect. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pretty sure there won't be any time to get high seeing as the thca wouldn't be converted to thc, which will also not be extracted in oil making it useless

9. Aw but your wrong cupcake . THCA will be converted during the baking process . Brownies bake about 350 F

10. Not sure about waxed paper , perhaps a baking pan or parchment paper

11. And 350 F is a bit too high for decarb

Sure making oil is going to take extra time than just " throwing it all in there". But anything worth doing is worth doing well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. There is no THCa conversion during the baking process. The brownie batter doesn't get above 200°F while in the oven. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I prefer Pyrex. Definitely not waxed paper because your material will stick. Parchment will work. :mellow:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I say cow pies to that . I have made them this way many times .

15. @dickie fickle
    Not that raw ground-powdered weed replacing half the flour called for in a brownie mix doesn't work.. We did it that way back in 1976 for our chemotherapy neighbor but it's a real grainy brownie and I had to use a shit load of weed..
    Time passes and we've learned a few things between then and now.. Decarbing and Infusing to coconut oil-lecithin first uses a fraction of the weed and has 5 times the kick and staying power.. Plus you have the option to strain out the weed cleaning up the end product a lot..
    As a legal personal grower I have weed to burn like that but if your buying it at 10 buck a gram or more you want all the bang you can get for your dollar and the canna oil step insures that..
    My two cents
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  16. I had originally read the more fat in the oil the better turn out. Once I got to the store I compared just about every oil on the shelf. Coconut had 15g of fat and so did canola and vegetable. Is coconut still the better choice when baking brownies?

17. Use virgin or extra virgin coconut oil for the health benefits. It's the only oil with lauric acid which allows it to pass directly into the portal vein and into the liver. Other oils need to go through complete bile digestion before metabolism can begin. Processed coconut oil does not have that property. You can use the others just as well if that's what you have.

The type of fat is important, too. Saturated fat is the best and coconut oil has the most, 58% of the fats are saturated. Other fats are good for carriers but not as good for extraction. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. #18 Milf0817, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Another question when cooking on a low setting in a crockpot how long should I let it sit

19. @Milf0817
    Crock pots are a less then idea tool for this because they have no temp control.. Just 2 wires of a set wattage.. Hot and HOTTER.. A toaster oven and a oven thermometer is a far better choice..
    [​IMG]
    Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes..
    Oil is 220 F for 20 minutes when doing 3 tablespoons of oil or less like I do for hash oil.. Larger runs of oil may need an hour to reach full temp when working with a half cup or more of oil and bud.. I then freeze and reheat at least once.. More heat and freeze cycles degrade more THC to lesser compounds and raises the nod off factor..
    If you decarbed before hand there is no need for a long simmer in a crock and they (crock pots) need to be half full or more for correct operation and that's so weak you'll have wasted the product.. I'd rather cut small and eat 1 and get blistered then eat 2 large brownies and wonder where my high is..
    BNW

20. Save the squeezed remains in the cheesecloth or whatever and use as a little bundle in your next warm milky beverage. Summer for just a few mins on low and get that extra bang. Freeze it if you don't wanna use it right away.