Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pot

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by DankSpank, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Anybody else hate this term? Whenever I hear someone call it Pot I stop talking to them, It just reminds me too much of those anti-drug commercials. Better terms: Weed, Herbs, Kind, Fires, Sensi, Greens, Trees.

2. Na it dont bother me, Pot, weed, Ganja, what ever you wana call it dont really matter we are all talking about the same thing eh :) ?

I say Bud usually I guess
    I think your caring to much :smoke:

3. haha i so thought i was the only one. i like weed, bud, ganja, chroneezy....pretty much everythang else.

nice signature. atdi's my favorite band. volta/sparta owns too.

4. for sure, those two guys make the trippiest shit ever.

5. doesnt bother me any. i dont really feel comfortable saying it though, i prefer saying weed or bud but i dont care if others use the term

6. I don't refer to Marijuana as pot either, my mom sure does though. I normally just say dank cause that's all I smoke. Orelse i'll say buds, grass, green, and weed.

7. Haha, when I saw this thread on new posts, It made me remember how much I hate the term "pot". Im fucking physic.

8. Usualy call it. Cannabis, Weed, Marijuana, or Pot. I don't like any of the other terms really and I usualy stick to using the word Cannabis because well it is what pot is.

9. I'm glad I'm not alone, I just really hate this term for reasons unknown, other that whenever an anti-drug commercial comes on saying "Don't smoke pot" I just fucking get really angered.

10. It is like them gay poeple not liking the word Faggot. It just has the negative connotaiton to so it is understandable.

11. me and my friend wer ejust talking about this. whenever somebody says "pot" it's always emphasized and as you said does remind me of a anti- drug commercial.

12. Yeah the only people who call it pot around me are people who dont smoke. It makes me mad when they call it pot. I think its because people here pothead and say pot because of that. I call it greens or bud.

13. I like the word pot because of the Jello Biafra essay; "Grow more pot!"

It does have the negative conitation, but by using it you're sending the message "hey, yeah that's right, fuck you, i like my pot!"

14. I like weed because in the words of Omar A. Lopez-Rodriguez: "I smoke weed to change my perception"

And shit did that work, listening to anything he writes makes me want to kill an O bag.

15. I don't really feel comfortable saying it, I'm not sure why. It doesn't bother me when other people say it though. I usually call it weed or bud.

16. I think the reason I don't really use the word "pot" is because it doesn't make sense. Weed, green, bud, grass... they all make sense.

17. whenever i hear the word "pot" i always think it's somehow derogatory of the substance itself.

according to Martin Booth's book, btw, the word "pot" came to be associated with marijuana when early sailors who shipped it over in the colonial days of America would be packaged in large pots. Apparently the saying "let him have his pot and pipe," came about whenever sailors were harrassed about smoking ganja on the job. Other sailors and sympathetic parties would say, "let him have his pot and pipe." Thus pot was misinterpreted somewhere by some jackass who thought "oh, pot is the hemp in there."

personally my favorite word for it is ganja

i actually don't mind simply calling it by its technical name, cannabis, though I have to say it does sound weird saying "hey dude, let's go smoke some cannabis out of my bong." so I generally don't use it unless using it in an intellectual conversation n'such.

I also don't mind using the words: green, dank, diggity dank, chronic, mary, maryjane, mj, bud.

I don't like using the words: pot, weed, shit, crap, or wacky tabaccy

And I never hear people say "let's go smoke some hemp." which, of course, would be a misnomer since hemp is fiber derived from cannabis and not for consumption by inhalation (and generally not for consumption in general).

18. When i say pot i feel like my parents. "Bud" is my choice.

19. That is why you have to say "Hey dude, let's go smoke copious amounts of cannabis."

20. Cannabis is by far the best term, I love it.