Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pot Tea

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ricekrspysquare, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Im looking for a great simple recipe for making weed tea. I found one on here awhile back but can't seem to find it again. Just post your good pot tea recipes. Thanks guys.

2. If i were to make tea i would just make some oil and add it to some tea/coffe/hot coco because all the recipes ive heard of are just to put butter and cream in tea and put your weed in it, and it seems like that wouldnt be as efficent as just puting oil in somthing to drink.

But this is all just opinons from things ive read i have never actualy made tea because it just sounds like its an easy way to waste bud.

3. Mix full fat milk and water 3 to 1
    Put in microwave until very hot or boiling
    Get two tea bags
    Empty 1 fill with weed/stems
    Then u put the normal tea bag and the weed tea bag in the cup and let it sit for 15 or 20 minutes

4. [quote name='"kiefsmoker420"']Mix full fat milk and water 3 to 1
    Put in microwave until very hot or boiling
    Get two tea bags
    Empty 1 fill with weed/stems
    Then u put the normal tea bag and the weed tea bag in the cup and let it sit for 15 or 20 minutes[/quote]

Thanks man I'll give it a shot how much weed should I use? And should it be grinded or cut up?

5. [quote name='"ricekrspysquare"']

Thanks man I'll give it a shot how much weed should I use? And should it be grinded or cut up?[/quote]

It matters on how dank the weed is but i would probably grind .5 - .8

6. [quote name='"kiefsmoker420"']

It matters on how dank the weed is but i would probably grind .5 - .8[/quote]

Thanks man I'm doing it over the weekend I'll tell you how it goes.

7. Here is how I do it:

1. half empty a tea bag of your choice and add about.8-1.0 grams of abv(tastes better than it sounds) and staple shut
    2. quarter fill a mug with 18% coffee cream and a teaspoon or more of cannabutter (or sub real butter)
    3. half fill a pot with water and place mug in the pot.
    4. over medium heat allow water to heat up thereby heating up the mug, heating the cream and melting the butter. while waiting for cream to heat boil some water in a kettle
    6. once cream has heated(dont curdle!), remove from pot and add teabag from earlier plus half fill mug with boiled water from kettle and allow to steep for 10-15mins. whie waiting i usually stir a couple times and push the tea bag against the wall of the mug with my spoon.
    7. after 10-15 mins add more boiling hot water to fill the mug and steep, stir and push against mug for another 10-15 then enjoy.

hope this helps.

8. #8 BadKittySmiles, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    Teas made this way, have widely been for a long, long time, one of the very most disappointing edible/drinkables, because when you get right down to it, the old fashioned water-butter methods of making canna butter (and even waterless methods for making canna butter, using unclarified butter), are considered very outdated and ineffective.
    So if butter mixed with water is ineffective, just imagine how much potency you miss out on, by processing in an impure oil source such as cream. :)

The oil in this case is your edible solvent, and cannabis glandular material is not considered water soluble. When your solvent has so much water contamination, it drastically reduces its efficiency, as a solvent. It's why the water-butters of the old days required between 15 - 24 hours of heating for the best effect... Your milky-tea made this way, will too.

When working with inferior ingredients, you need to compensate for the loss in potency, by multiplying the amount of material you use. However much material you need to feel satisfactory just one time, when processing improperly, that same amount of material may have provided you several, stronger, more powerful doses, with the correct processing. Consuming partially raw or under-processed canna, requires much more material to do the job effectively.

So do yourself a favor, and if you are compelled to make a 'tea', just use clarified milk fat first (ie, clarified butter), make a small, but MUCH more potent portion of oil, then just whisk it into some warm milk that has either been pre-brewed with your favorite tea, or blended with your favorite hot cocoa.
    You'll have much better, longer-lasting and stronger effects with the same amount of time and effort, when processing in a more pure solvent, than you can have by processing in a solution that can barely break down glandular material in under a days time. Of course, making a small portion of oil leaves you with a few more options, as well... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good luck, and Happy Turkey day :)

PS - and if you're going to do it, avoid the silly tea bags... :) They only hinder the process, they keep the material packed together too tightly, and they don't allow for nearly the level of exposure to oil that 'loose leaf' cannabis can allow. Just strain out and discard the excess material after the fact, and you're golden. ;)

9. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']Teas made this way, have widely been for a long, long time, one of the very most disappointing edible/drinkables, because when you get right down to it, the old fashioned water-butter methods of making canna butter (and even waterless methods for making canna butter, using unclarified butter), are considered very outdated and ineffective.
    So if butter mixed with water is ineffective, just imagine how much potency you miss out on, by processing in an impure oil source such as cream. :)

The oil in this case is your edible solvent, and cannabis glandular material is not considered water soluble. When your solvent has so much water contamination, it drastically reduces its efficiency, as a solvent. It's why the water-butters of the old days required between 15 - 24 hours of heating for the best effect... Your milky-tea made this way, will too.

When working with inferior ingredients, you need to compensate for the loss in potency, by multiplying the amount of material you use. However much material you need to feel satisfactory just one time, when processing improperly, that same amount of material may have provided you several, stronger, more powerful doses, with the correct processing. Consuming partially raw or under-processed canna, requires much more material to do the job effectively.

So do yourself a favor, and if you are compelled to make a 'tea', just use clarified milk fat first (ie, clarified butter), make a small, but MUCH more potent portion of oil, then just whisk it into some warm milk that has either been pre-brewed with your favorite tea, or blended with your favorite hot cocoa.
    You'll have much better, longer-lasting and stronger effects with the same amount of time and effort, when processing in a more pure solvent, than you can have by processing in a solution that can barely break down glandular material in under a days time. Of course, making a small portion of oil leaves you with a few more options, as well... ;)

Good luck, and Happy Turkey day :)

PS - and if you're going to do it, avoid the silly tea bags... :) They only hinder the process, they keep the material packed together too tightly, and they don't allow for nearly the level of exposure to oil that 'loose leaf' cannabis can allow. Just strain out and discard the excess material after the fact, and you're golden. ;)[/quote]

Haha sounds amazing but I don't have the time nor amount of weed to make cannabutter. Do you recommend anything not using cannabutter or should I just stick to the bong?

10. Just use the same amount of time and effort you planned on devoting to your tea (even though it may still be cutting corners) and make oil, instead of the tea. That's all :) A little powdered sugar and peanut butter with your oil, and vanilla too if you like, and you have a quickie peanut butter fudge truffle. If you grind well enough, when it's in something you need to chew, straining isn't entirely necessary if you already know you're under-processing, and want to try getting a bit more from your material.
    Or, just strain, and whisk it into warm milk or hot chocolate. If for some reason you can't, just stick with the bong.

If you do go through with it, but you're not thrilled with the quality of your oil after the time and effort you were able to provide, then at least you can be be glad that you didn't make a tea, using a lesser oil source, considering it would have been much, MUCH weaker :p

Hope this makes sense/helps. :)

PS - if you do decide to eat or drink it, decarb/activate it first before making your oil... check the CannaPharm sticky in this section of the forum for instructions, it's just a matter of grinding your herb well, sealing it up in a pocket of foil, or an oven-bag (made for cooking), and heating very gently for 20 - 30 minutes to coax the last of the moisture and carboxyl group out, converting THCA, into active THC (this is what happens when you smoke or vape ;) It's possible to perform in oil, but keep in mind that it's difficult, verging on impossible to cause activation in a watery solution).

11. I was think cook half a pint of full fat milk, put in a few buds, civ them out after a 10 minute simmer, use the milk in a teapot with 4 teabags and 10 sugars, and then you have multiple servings of bud tea :)

12. That's not nearly long enough, even in a pure oil source ;) The amount of canna that it takes to have you feeling medicated just once in a single dose, by cutting THAT many corners, would likely give you over 5 (if not more) stronger, more powerful, longer-lasting doses, with the correct processing.

Why do you think firecrackers are such a hit or miss? They're 'worst-case-scenario' edibles, made for folks who simply don't have the time or ability, to make a proper edible oil... but at 320f - 350f for 22 - 25 minutes, they work better and more reliably, than ten minutes at 212 f in some water, with a tiny amount of fat... which is exactly what cream is, compared to a pure oil source. ;)

Heavy cream, the fattiest cream you can find before 'manufacturing cream', is only between 36% - 40% fat.

Instead of finding fattier, and fattier milks (which leads me to believe you guys do understand it's the fat that does the job here), seriously fellows: clarified butter, pure milk fat, works MUCH much better, and if you're so compelled that God himself can't stop you from making canna-milk with it, just do yourself a favor, use the butter, and whisk it back into your milk when you've finished processing your herb.

Folks are making this a lot harder, and a lot less effective, than it needs to be :) :smoke: