pot tales: as the leaves fall...to be cont'

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bUD4mE, Oct 11, 2005.

1. im using bag seeds is there anyway that i can tell the kind of bud i might have. i mean what strand. the seeds are a mix of about 1.5 years of collecting, building up supplies, that way i have choices. this is the 3rd attempt at grwn' i got "narced" on the other times. going from 6 plants to 4 now i just have 0ne. its 2 weeks now an 4" tall and it has 3 sets of leaves(pics soon). it has a sort of red tint on the bottom of the leaves close to the main stem. i use aluminum foil over the top layer of soil and over the top of my lights 2 flo's 1275 lumes 20wtt each. it might sound crazy but they work fast, and cheap;) im not goin for a tall plant that a lot of extra work for the plant. my thoughts....the shorter the plant the more potent, maybe i will let u know. and i dont use any chems but i do have a lil bottle of super thrive(collecting dust). i think is a gyrl i am researching forcing the plant into the sex i want.
    D.E.A.D.

2. #1. your not going to get much of anything out of 40 watts of fluoros..trust me I know from experiance, its not even worth the time your going to put into it.

#2. you cannot force a plant into a certain sex, its impossible.

#3. no way to tell the strain of bag seed, way too many strains

#4. good luck!:)

3. 1. shorter does NOT mean more potent. whoever told you that is a moron.

2. GET RID OF THE FOIL! IT SUCKS, CONDUCTS HEAT, AND WILL CATCH FIRE.

4. so pretty much it doesnt matter the light output or the type of spectrum that the light puts out? i might just use the flos to get the seed to sprout an switch to a stronger light source to bud. an as far as the aluminum, its not touching the lights or the plant. they do produce heat, thats my purpose its all an experiment. having light come from top an bottom at one time. the foil is covering the soil. thanx

D.E.A.D.