Pot Stocks Are Bleeding To Death

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dobro49, May 6, 2022.

1. While turning in decent and good reports in spite of the headwinds. The bumps from states going legal, or a mention of legal pot at the fed level are over so they have to move this. SC just killed a medical bill so x that market out but markets are opening in many places so these stocks will come back.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do you follow any of these tickers?

https://www.investopedia.com/investing/top-marijuana-stocks/

I know little about the current industry, very little really, but in the US the "pot stocks" wont bust loose until the banking laws are changed. i think that is ultimately the bottom line, but i'm guessing.

KY is inching closer for medical. there has been some serious lobbying for the past 5 years thanks almost exclusively to Eric and Michelle Crawford. they've been after it for 10 years.

Eric and Michelle Crawford have been pestering the politicians in Frankfort for three years now in their efforts to have medical marijuana legalized. "From homebodies to activists – couple continues fight for medical marijuana" (in Kentucky)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Be careful investing in any of these. The regulatory red tape that all of them are forced to jump through will make all the difference. Be sure you understand the business and the environment they are working in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I have most of those listings in the fund that the article mentions, MJ, and I have MJUS which is concentrated in US companies. Both funds have really shit my hands. I sold short and made a little profit back in early 20 or 21 when the apes were batting these names around and just bought them back when they dropped. These things are in fire sale mode now and I’m trying to add as I can.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yea, we talked about the horror story of the Crawford’s before. I remember some parents who suffered like that over in NC for wanting to treat their child with cannabinoids.

6. I’m hoping they can shake some of that loose. I’ve seen and heard that this keeps a lot of institutional money on the sideline and that could bump these. I’m not deep enough in to make me starve so it’s all just a gamble to me like crypto. I look at it like gambling where I don’t lose unless I cash out. I hope!:bongin:

7. Pot farms here are booming ....
    Because weed is legal here in Nevada The Native American tribes are leasing their land to other then Native American Indians .
    Because the land is on Tribal property it excludes all state cannabis laws and requirements .
    In other words no Licenses required no state or federal inspections

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The Cherokee nation is making moves with legal pot on tribal lands that are surrounded by rural NC. And Asheville. I hope that will lend some influence on the rest of this area but I’m not holding my breath.

But we see progress on a daily basis currently and the stocks still tell a different story. I’ve often said that I’m more interested in 2026-2027 than I am tomorrow so I would be content to keep dribbling into these stocks and building an account for a while because I’m confident in the industry and it’s future.

What am I bitching for then?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I dropped all of them last year as momentum was dying. Got lucky selling TLRY in the 50s - MSOS, got out at $40. Was destroyed by GRAMF. Even with the SAFE bill passing, margins will continue to be squeezed. Kind of like Amazon...they can grow revenue by the billions but if the margins suck...so will the stock.

I'll consider TLRY ~$3, MSOS around $8

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I’ve got a bit of MSOS too. That was one that I sold in the shake up before. It paid a div back in Jan and then even MJ hasn’t paid on Q1. They were making some of that on share loaning so it may be better. There are some hills to get over for sure.

11. My feelings is good for the Indians.

I grow my own, don't sale my weed and don't want to .
    I think the price of weed is going down down and down .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I would call it a very good guess. I helped a friend with his commercial grow in WA.
    He has constant worry about federal regulations being handed down. With the wrong AG, his livelihood could implode very quickly.

An employee had his bank account closed because he deposited a pay check from the farm. Only one bank in the area will offer services, all checks must be cashed there, and there alone. The feds still tax all the income from the owner, and employees but won't recognize it as a "legal buisness".

The one thing I had hoped the Biden administration would accomplish, they still haven't.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Something has to be put in stone because as you allude to above, one election with certain people getting in or out of power can break these businesses. Those banks should extend the same welcome to pot money as they do liquor money.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Not really sure if legalization will end stock volatility or not. I mean it likely will at some point but up here where it's been legal for 4 years the pot stock prices are still going up and down as often as a five dollar whore's drawers.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Where you finding them for only 5 bucks?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. I got this one...Maybe along the roadway?

ASS..........5.00
    GAS..........4.39 pg
    OR GRASS......1.79 for half gram ,top notch doobies

Old bumper sticker funnies..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I remember the shirts that had that printed on them too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I agree with this point and get how the pot stocks would ebb and flow as other listings do. The thinking seems to be, right or wrong we will see I hope, that legalization would free up a lot of money that’s currently held back from institutional investments and banking. And of course the company fundamentals will matter at some point too.

19. I don't buy the narrative that hedge funds will invest and push values up once the federal laws are dropped ..even though I understand the legality of funds being able to invest once that occurs.

Akin to mutual funds investing in crypto for their clients....ain't happening!

• Like Like x 1